H3000 - unimpressed so far - what am I missing?

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Welcome aboard Kev!

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
This is very interesting thread. Different rooms? Different hemispheres? One man's roller coaster is another man's Sunday drive? I only goes to underline how fiercely, and perhaps frustratingly subjective this "sport" is. We're all chasing different ghosts.

A couple years ago I ran a Leben CS600 & RS30EQ alongside my Allnic T1500 & H3000. The Lebens were clean and refined and very easy on the eyes. The Allnic combo had an edge in realism, vocals were coming out of faces, I could almost see what gauge strings Bert Jansch was plucking etc. The dimensions of my room would change with platter sides and I consistently got that eerie feeling that life, rather than reproduction, was happening in front of me. I decided that I couldn't live with out that edge. The Lebens live at a friend's place now so I get to visit both of them, which is always great. I also love coming home.

Anyway, my amps should be warm by now and I think I hear them ghosts calling.

Nice post. And welcome!

drunkenrabbit

Dec 1, 2013
Sydney, Aus
Gents
Thought I would drop back in here and apologise for the virulence in my posts - I was obvious stressed and upset. Suffice to say I have sold the H3000 to someone in Melbourne who, after replacing the rectifier tube, is very happy with it. It suits his ears very well.

Not sure I would agree that either the CS 600 or RS30EQ are "clean" and "refined" - the CS 600 is a sweet amp that sounds lovely, but is coloured. The RS 30 EQ struggles for gain and is a tad ripe - certainly layers it on thick, at least to these old ears.

In any event, I really just posted here to say - happy listening and sorry for the ferocity & velocity that came from my keyboard.

Cheers

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
Having read through this thread several times now without adding any of my thoughts on the Allnic, and having been using one for a short while, I can not understand the OP's experience to be typical with this unit. To qualify, I have been using vinyl since the early 80's, and have used several high end phono amplifiers, either belonging to me here, or borrowed, including the likes of ASR, PASS, Clear audio, Concert Fidelity, Naim, Tri-chord, Audio Note (japan), Audio Note (UK).

Some of you will know that I deal with Concert Fidelity for the UK. My view is the Allnic beats the SPA-4c in terms of transparency, balance, timbre and certainly holographic imaging. The SPA-4c is a very good amplifier if it suits your cartridge's requirements, is MC only, and is all solid state, no tubes, uses very very rare Jfets which are in limited supply hence the small numbers of these units available. CF do not release a product without absolute completion of all attributes to their high standard, this they are famous for. But, the Allnic H3000, while being a totally different approach, acheives a very beautiful, detailed and enthralling sonic image, right there in front of you. Timbre is superb, flow is beautiful, there are no doubt's lingering.
As I have said, I do not understand the negative experience here, so to add balance to Lotus's input, (who I do not know btw, even though we are geographically very close) I agree with his input, I do not and have no intention of selling Allnic Audio equipment, but my thoughts are clear.

Anyone considering this unit should try to hear one and do not be put off by the one negative thread.

Best Regards,
Paul.

Aj123

Jan 6, 2019
The Pacific NW Audio Society had a phono pre demo at the last meeting. The units were the Allnic H3000, Doshi, Lamm 2.1 and the Z-Infinity. I felt the Allnic was flat and too homogenized. It was alright, but not anything to write home about.
I have just gotten hold of the H3000v and the Allnic is anything but homogenous.. the spaitial
Rendering of choices and instruments are uncanny. So much so that it makes causal listening near impossible . Spooky, that’s how I wud call it.

montesquieu

Jan 27, 2019
Holy thread resurrection!

Just for the record I'm running a HA5000 (later two input version of the HA3000 head amp) and H7000V - and I couldn't be happier. It's an absolutely killer combination. Using a new production KR rectifier in the H7000V, but even with a relatively modest NOS Sylvania replacing the stock Chinese 5U4G, the sound was already superb.

Interestingly (in context of the Leben mention above) my power amp is a Leben CS1000p, using KT90s which are just sweet and lovely with it, without any loss of slam from dropping the KT120s, which to my ears sounded a bit too thick and not delicate/nuanced enough in this amp.

Reactions: matakana

matakana

Aug 26, 2020
UK
Holy thread resurrection!

Just for the record I'm running a HA5000 (later two input version of the HA3000 head amp) and H7000V - and I couldn't be happier. It's an absolutely killer combination. Using a new production KR rectifier in the H7000V, but even with a relatively modest NOS Sylvania replacing the stock Chinese 5U4G, the sound was already superb.

Interestingly (in context of the Leben mention above) my power amp is a Leben CS1000p, using KT90s which are just sweet and lovely with it, without any loss of slam from dropping the KT120s, which to my ears sounded a bit too thick and not delicate/nuanced enough in this amp.

Shame the Leben does not have balanced input.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing