Preferred aes/ebu 110 ohm digital cable you have tried

stevebythebay

Oct 21, 2012
Check out Shunyata SIGMA v2 AES/EBU,...v1 SIGMA was excellent, v2 though is even better. I'm using 2 and am extremely happy
with them. Best 110-ohm I've used thus far FWIW. They tell me OMEGA is even better of course now o_O
Must agree on the Omega. Recently upgraded from the Sigma v2's for use between my dCS Upsampler and DAC. Made a very substantial improvement.

Reactions: ack

carl13

Feb 6, 2020
I've tried hi end MIT and Transparent cables. Switched over to Audience Au24 and I'm now using their frontRow cables.

ACHiPo

Feb 22, 2015
Pleasanton, CA
DHLabs seems good and reasonable.

Sa683s

Jun 26, 2017
If unlimited budget, Tara Labs Zero AES. I use Iconoclast , C/P is good with good performance.

KeesNL

Jun 23, 2021
Anyone try ansuz c2 AES?

Absolutely amazing sounding but the price wasn't in line with the rest of my setup. At the dealer when demoed i could hear a noticeble difference against the A series, at home this wasn't justifying the price difference.
( almost €50k in price difference between dealer setup and mine )
So got a Mainz A series powercord and a AES A series for less the price of the C AES, the extra added A series powercord was a bigger step then the C AES for me. Maybe when i already had the extra powercord it would be better noticeble, the mix of Ansuz A series ( all mainz powercords, usb, AES, XLR, speakercables ) worked awesome for me. So easier choice.

But it's all coming down to system match and the quality of the used components in my idea. Adding a + €3000 AES really needs a very very good transport/dac/amp combo.

My new Luxman dac, DA-250, doesnt have a AES connection so traded my A series AES for a A digital coax.
Also had my Scansonic mb3.5 upgraded with Ansuz wiring.

honeymustardsteve

Jan 24, 2019
Absolutely amazing sounding but the price wasn't in line with the rest of my setup. At the dealer when demoed i could hear a noticeble difference against the A series, at home this wasn't justifying the price difference.
( almost €50k in price difference between dealer setup and mine )
So got a Mainz A series powercord and a AES A series for less the price of the C AES, the extra added A series powercord was a bigger step then the C AES for me. Maybe when i already had the extra powercord it would be better noticeble, the mix of Ansuz A series ( all mainz powercords, usb, AES, XLR, speakercables ) worked awesome for me. So easier choice.

But it's all coming down to system match and the quality of the used components in my idea. Adding a + €3000 AES really needs a very very good transport/dac/amp combo.

My new Luxman dac, DA-250, doesnt have a AES connection so traded my A series AES for a A digital coax.
Also had my Scansonic mb3.5 upgraded with Ansuz wiring.
Thanks. Ended up going with a shyunata sigma aes

KeesNL

Jun 23, 2021
For me the most important thing is it has to be a great DAC but also a great headphone amp. Soundquality and the way it's presented is always up for discussion over a certain point, lots of dacs are very good but it's more to your taste. Of course all in the pricerange you can or will pay for the dac.
Always had the idea the best dacs were the ones extremely detailed, pushing every microdetail out in the presentation. Strange thing for me was i always missed something, later found these dacs also to be to forewards in presentation. After listing to a Luxman amp of a friend i, at first, thought it missed details and microdetails. Later after getting used to the different sound it was way more organised, stage and scale were more realistic and the details were there but not overdone anymore. It was way more musical and sounded realistic, was my first meeting with a Luxman sound.
Why the DA-250? Sounded noticeble better then the DA-150 on the headphone and the rca, has a balanced design and balanced out instead of just rca and in my system this sounded even better on XLR, has a remote and a better dedicated pre amp fot when my next upgrade would be a poweramp instead of integrated amp.

So far like the Luxman DA-250 very much

Reactions: AMR / iFi audio

KeesNL

Jun 23, 2021
I really like your

Always striving for the perfection in the world of music! That is something we all do have in common!

You really thought your purchase over, no doubt about that.

Also was a long search with testing different brands of dacs like Audio GD, Mytek, Chord and some more.
So i'm glad i have found a beautiful dac and a great headphone amp that worked fantastic in my system.

Guess we all learn from experience in this way while looking for the best possible sound. For me it was that microdetail is nice but most dacs overdo this in my taste so it actually doesn't sound realistic anymore.

Reactions: AMR / iFi audio

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing