Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Triangle Art Zeus. No info available.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
New Ortofon at CES2014

Ortofon introduces the Quintet line at CES 2014. I had a prototype of the Quintet Black, the top model, running in for a week in Seattle. A couple of lucky guys who came by heard it. I thought that it was quite an improvement over the Rondo Bronze.

Unfortunately, no idea what the price will be. According to the website, it's an MC with nude Shibata stylus on a boron cantilever. Come hear it in one of the Rutherford/Genesis rooms during CES. The Venetian Suites #29-309 and #29-311.

quintet_black_230pix.jpg

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Ortofon introduces the Quintet line at CES 2014. I had a prototype of the Quintet Black, the top model, running in for a week in Seattle. A couple of lucky guys who came by heard it. I thought that it was quite an improvement over the Rondo Bronze.

Unfortunately, no idea what the price will be. According to the website, it's an MC with nude Shibata stylus on a boron cantilever. Come hear it in one of the Rutherford/Genesis rooms during CES. The Venetian Suites #29-309 and #29-311.

View attachment 13182

Quintet Series (all LOMC) intro pricing from needle doctor:

Black $899.
Bronze $719.
Blue $449.
Red $269.
mono $449.

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
its good way for many to dip their toe in high-end LOMC cartridge territory for a reasonable sum.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Quintet Series (all LOMC) intro pricing from needle doctor:

Black $899.
Bronze $719.
Blue $449.
Red $269.
mono $449.

I wonder if this will eat into their 2M line of cartridges.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
I wonder if this will eat into their 2M line of cartridges.

Nup. It's replacing their Rondo and Vivo range of entry to mid level mc carts.

What I do see is that Ortofon have released a set of plug n play versions of the 2M mm series of cartridges. Excellent news.

2M-Black_PnP.jpg

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Nup. It's replacing their Rondo and Vivo range of entry to mid level mc carts.

What I do see is that Ortofon have released a set of plug n play versions of the 2M mm series of cartridges. Excellent news.

View attachment 13186

I have the 2M Black and would be interested in hearing the Quintet Black. The pricepoint is very attractive to me.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
I have the 2M Black and would be interested in hearing the Quintet Black. The pricepoint is very attractive to me.

Go for out Johnny:D

It would be great to read of a comparison between the two carts.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

audioarcher

May 6, 2012
Seattle area
Thanks, Rob. That's much cheaper than I thought. The Quintet Black was sounding very, very good. I was expecting it to come in at around the price of the Titan which to my ears I thought it was competitive to.

That's interesting. Do you like it more than the Cadenza series?

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
The Colibri does not have a front pole piece though.

I wonder who makes this cart for Triangle Arts?

Perhaps it is Soundsmith? Their website states " All products are designed and manufactured in Southern California "

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Perhaps it is Soundsmith? Their website states " All products are designed and manufactured in Southern California "

Except no info about the cartridge is up,yet. But yes, the table and arm are made in the US. Perhaps PB has more info since he recently reviewed the table.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Yes execution. I considered one for the relatively low price but was steered away from others who have experienced them. I gathered they are very inconsistent sounding and rough to tame.

Ok was just looking for what you meant by execution.

Mike L as a long time user would know real well. My main issue with the VDH cartridges were their variable build quality. That was a while back, perhaps things have changed.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing