Accuphase A-200 / A-65 / M-6000 Japan 100V models - there is a way to use in USA?

pelo911

Nov 21, 2013
Houston , Texas - USA
A-200 cost around $50K in the US
and around $20K in Japan
$30,000 difference !! :confused:

heard that professional technician can tweak it to work in the US
and that the power supply are universal.

anybody know something?

i'm trying to match Amp to Focal Maestro Utopia
and Accuphase are good match with Focal usually.

Thanks

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I have had two Accuphase components that I have rewired for 110V. There are color coded cables on the power supply with many that can be re-arranged for different voltages. You have to know which cables where, which can usually be found in the online brochures or with an internet search. Not too hard if you don't mind dealing with component internals.

However, I would want to see that in writing from the Accuphase literature for a particular component, especially power amps. Many of the interchangeable ones don't indicate variable voltage on the outside chassis, even though the transformers are variable.

pelo911

Nov 21, 2013
Houston , Texas - USA
I have had two Accuphase components that I have rewired for 110V. There are color coded cables on the power supply with many that can be re-arranged for different voltages. You have to know which cables where, which can usually be found in the online brochures or with an internet search. Not too hard if you don't mind dealing with component internals.

However, I would want to see that in writing from the Accuphase literature for a particular component, especially power amps. Many of the interchangeable ones don't indicate variable voltage on the outside chassis, even though the transformers are variable.

so there is no way to make sure before order it from Japan and ship it to the US?

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Why don't you ask the vendor? Some of them will re-wire them for you before shipping.

AMP

Feb 27, 2011
Keep in mind that should you go this route you are likely to get zero support from the US distributor should you have a problem in which the component requires service. This may not seem like a big deal, but there's a very good chance that you'd need to send it back to Japan (or whatever country you purchased it from) in order to have basic service performed. This comes up quite a bit with Luxman and Luxman Japan will not provide any parts for a grey market unit in the US. Parts orders require a serial number and if the serial number wasn't originally sold in the US then you have a very expensive doorstop.

As an aside, I've been reading your posts regarding your search for various components to match with your Maestros. While shopping is fun you would be wise to take delivery of the speakers first, go through the very long break-in process, and then start looking for components that you can evaluate in your system. The Maestros are EXTREMELY revealing and will highlight even the most minor change in your system. Hyper-sensitive is probably the best term that I can come up with. When you get it right they are wonderful and one of the best I've ever heard... get it wrong and you'll be sorely disappointed. There's nothing inherently wrong with your Pass amp and it will drive the Maestros with aplomb. Based on the list of components you posted elsewhere I would highly recommend that you try a few different DACs first. That experiment in itself will give you an idea of just how revealing the Maestros are. I know you are coming from the Electra series, but I can tell you that the Maestros are nothing like the Electras.

Tread carefully and you will be greatly rewarded. Shoot from the hip and it will be very expensive with very little gain.

pelo911

Nov 21, 2013
Houston , Texas - USA
Keep in mind that should you go this route you are likely to get zero support from the US distributor should you have a problem in which the component requires service. This may not seem like a big deal, but there's a very good chance that you'd need to send it back to Japan (or whatever country you purchased it from) in order to have basic service performed. This comes up quite a bit with Luxman and Luxman Japan will not provide any parts for a grey market unit in the US. Parts orders require a serial number and if the serial number wasn't originally sold in the US then you have a very expensive doorstop.

As an aside, I've been reading your posts regarding your search for various components to match with your Maestros. While shopping is fun you would be wise to take delivery of the speakers first, go through the very long break-in process, and then start looking for components that you can evaluate in your system. The Maestros are EXTREMELY revealing and will highlight even the most minor change in your system. Hyper-sensitive is probably the best term that I can come up with. When you get it right they are wonderful and one of the best I've ever heard... get it wrong and you'll be sorely disappointed. There's nothing inherently wrong with your Pass amp and it will drive the Maestros with aplomb. Based on the list of components you posted elsewhere I would highly recommend that you try a few different DACs first. That experiment in itself will give you an idea of just how revealing the Maestros are. I know you are coming from the Electra series, but I can tell you that the Maestros are nothing like the Electras.

Tread carefully and you will be greatly rewarded. Shoot from the hip and it will be very expensive with very little gain.

thanks for your help , i'm very confusing :confused:

Accuphase A-200 in the US cost around $30K more then Japan
they are reliable amp , right?
if yes , it's not a big risk -i think.

i'm also not sure what DACs to try or even Cables.
like you said , the maestro must matching well with all the rest of the system , and i'm afraid to make mistakes.
i'm new to High-End and don't know a lot about it.

they are 6 Month old , already broke in
the previus owner use them with Gryphon colosseum.
n collesoum

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
You may wish to establish a relationship with a hi end dealer in your area.

You are apparently flying blind and you need someone who can give you advice and allow you to audition some gear in your own system so that you have some personal experience upon which to build a system.

If you find the right "dealer", you will be much better off (financially and sonically) in the end.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing