Slow site

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
Individual servers and geographic (in the sense of the geography of the Internet) areas often have transient delays in connecting to other areas of the Internet. That isn't necessarily a server-specific problem.

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
Individual servers and geographic (in the sense of the geography of the Internet) areas often have transient delays in connecting to other areas of the Internet. That isn't necessarily a server-specific problem.

Yes I know this but I'm talking seconds here!

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV

zztop7

Member Sponsor
Dec 12, 2012
Edmonds, WA
Try getting a movie description on XFinity/Comcast TV [and it is the premium digital setup], then you will know SLOWWWWWWWWWWW, or not at all.
They give you an "Oops"; like it is not their fault. Or, they do not know their billion $ company is being cheap with the infrastructure.
I do not know Steve & his gang, but no problems accessing the site.

zz.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
Like most of you, I frequent a number of bulletin board type discussion sites. It's not unusual for some posters to be complaining about slow site response at the same time as others are having no problems, and often the situation is later reversed.

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
This has been a month or more for me here at WBF!

MtnHam

Industry Expert
Jan 12, 2014
Nothern California Wine Country
This site has been so incredibly slow for me that I have almost given up. This has been the case for many days. At best, it is still noticeable slower than anywhere else. At it's worst, almost impossible. No problem elsewhere.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
^^^^ I've had no problems whatsoever.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
This site has been so incredibly slow for me that I have almost given up. This has been the case for many days. At best, it is still noticeable slower than anywhere else. At it's worst, almost impossible. No problem elsewhere.
If you are running windows, next time this happens, can you please open a "Command" Window (Start->Command) and type tracert whatsbestforum.com and post the results? We need that data to troubleshoot where the problem is and to get our server provider to look into it.

Thanks in advance.

MtnHam

Industry Expert
Jan 12, 2014
If you are running windows, next time this happens, can you please open a "Command" Window (Start->Command) and type tracert whatsbestforum.com and post the results? We need that data to troubleshoot where the problem is and to get our server provider to look into it.

Thanks in advance.
Running Firefox on a Mac. I will try Safari.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Chrome on a PC here. Switched to IE for a check and no problems there either.

MtnHam

Industry Expert
Jan 12, 2014
WBF wouldn't load at all on Safari. Since it seems I'm the only one experiencing this problem, I will just have to live with it. Thanks for the responses.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing