Slow site

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
It seems over the last month or so the site has been pretty slow for me. It used to be pretty snappy.
Anyone else experiencing slow performance?

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
It seems over the last month or so the site has been pretty slow for me. It used to be pretty snappy.

Time to run a virus scan because your computer may be sick.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

No haven't noticed any change.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello, g997 and good afternoon to you. I haven't noticed any slow down of this forum and as a moderator, I fly around it all of the time. I know this must be frustrating for you so perhaps on top of a virus scan, you may want to try clearing your cookies as well and see how that affects things on your end. Are you running mobile or regular and which browser are you using?

Tom

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
No problems here either and I usually have at least 4 pages open at all times, plus I open/close more as the day passes. I reboot my PC usually once a week, other than that it's going 24/7.

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
Hello, g997 and good afternoon to you. I haven't noticed any slow down of this forum and as a moderator, I fly around it all of the time. I know this must be frustrating for you so perhaps on top of a virus scan, you may want to try clearing your cookies as well and see how that affects things on your end. Are you running mobile or regular and which browser are you using?

Tom

OS X Mavericks
Firefox
No issues on any other regular sites I visit

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Thank you very much for your feedback. The management team will be made aware of your concerns.

Tom

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
I haven't noticed any slowdowns here either. If you haven't already done so, clear your cookies for the forum and restart your computer. I use Mavericks and Safari on my MacBook Air and don't have any issues. Please let us know if you still experience problems.

Lee

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Mountain Lion and Safari, no slow downs for me. Not on my iPad either.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
I ditched Firefox on my iMac in favor of Chrome, which is noticeably faster.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I ditched Firefox on my iMac in favor of Chrome, which is noticeably faster.

Chrome on a PC here and also faster!

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Hmmm, I noticed that the response time in NJ is nearly twice what the other 4 American sites have. I wonder if Tony Soprano knows about this and whether he will do something about it!!

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Not specifically related to this instance, but there are quite a few times during the course of a day when the site seems to lag. Is this due to scheduled maintenance?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Not specifically related to this instance, but there are quite a few times during the course of a day when the site seems to lag. Is this due to scheduled maintenance?

I have noticed that as well John on many occasions and have submitted tickets and only once was there a problem. I wish I could offer an answer

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I have noticed that as well John on many occasions and have submitted tickets and only once was there a problem. I wish I could offer an answer

No answer IMO is needed. You guys are funding this yourselves and we greatly appreciate that. As such I have no problem with a little lag now and again.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Came across somebody trying to spam two days back !!! Speed's good at my end , on Chrome .

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
Steve

Just pointing out that there is still a very sever lag loading pages. Last night it was so huge that I just left the site as it was unnavigable.

Only pointing this out as I'm sure you want you site performance to be the best

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Steve

Just pointing out that there is still a very sever lag loading pages. Last night it was so huge that I just left the site as it was unnavigable.

Only pointing this out as I'm sure you want you site performance to be the best

I wish I knew what to tell you as our ticket recently submitted showed no problem but I will submit again.

In which state are you located

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing