Shunyata Venom defender

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Now Jim if you really want to become a member of what Caelin likes to call "the lunatic fringe" use a Shunyata Typhon plugged into the same dedicated line(s) as your D'agostina mono blocks. I promise you a "Depenz" moment

Steve, As my Momentums are each on their own 20amp circuit that would require about a $12k investment. :(

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
That's why I have a Triton V2 and 3 Typhon's. I warn you however that once you start with Shunyata gear it becomes a bottomless well because each product is so darn good. In fact I will be in Seattle tomorrow and will be touring Shunyata on Friday as well as Caelin's home system and then on to Gary Koh's Genesis Dragon event

My Lamm ML3's are each on their own 30 amp dedicated circuit

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Check out the Cyclops while you are there. They will make your amps perform even better.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
not sure if you were addressing me Bud, but I use twin Typhons for my amps.

Steve, Do understand correctly that you have one Typhon plugged into the open receptacle where each amp is connected and one other Typhon connected to your Triton V2 for your sources and pre-amp?

Steve Williams

Steve, Do understand correctly that you have one Typhon plugged into the open receptacle where each amp is connected and one other Typhon connected to your Triton V2 for your sources and pre-amp?

That is correct.

I am a card carrying member of Caelin's "lunatic fringe"

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
not sure if you were addressing me Bud, but I use twin Typhons for my amps.

My thinking is the Typhon is an add-on for the Triton to increase its noise reducing capability. While the Typhon will work by itself, it performs even better with a Triton. The Cyclops is a Triton designed for amps. Use a Typhon with it and increase the noise reduction on the amps. While there see if Caelin can give a demo with measurements. That would be interesting.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Yes, but I would expect the Cyclops to increase it. When I went from straight into the wall with my amps to the Cyclops the sound just opened up. Someday I will get two Typhons for completeness, but I don't have 10k for that at the moment, plus I want two Sigma HC cords.

My next power upgrade is trading in the Triton1 for a Triton2.

Steve Williams

Yes, but I would expect the Cyclops to increase it. When I went from straight into the wall with my amps to the Cyclops the sound just opened up. Someday I will get two Typhons for completeness, but I don't have 10k for that at the moment, plus I want two Sigma HC cords.

My next power upgrade is trading in the Triton1 for a Triton2.
TheTriton V2 is like having a Typhon + a V1

kleinbje

Dec 20, 2012
CT
Well after reading this thread, specifically the first post, I decided to pick one up. I only use a Venom 3 on my Turntable with a very nice reduction in motor noise as I preferred RSA products in my system when tested head to head(less coloration or homogenization of the sound IMHO). I will try this in the duplex with my Dmitri and HZ. I also have a second 20 amp line, I may plug the amp alone into the wall with the defender as well and compare. Very excited to hear the defender, if impressed, there is also a Typhon i've been eyeing. What is the go to cable for the typhon now that the anaconda is old tech.

Steve Williams

Well after reading this thread, specifically the first post, I decided to pick one up. I only use a Venom 3 on my Turntable with a very nice reduction in motor noise as I preferred RSA products in my system when tested head to head(less coloration or homogenization of the sound IMHO). I will try this in the duplex with my Dmitri and HZ. I also have a second 20 amp line, I may plug the amp alone into the wall with the defender as well and compare. Very excited to hear the defender, if impressed, there is also a Typhon i've been eyeing. What is the go to cablI'M e for the typhon now that the anaconda is old tech.
The Typhon uses an umbilical. I still use three Anaconda umbilicals and love them. Caelin recommends the ALPHA HC.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing