Magico S3/S5 with Lamm M1.2 Reference monos ??? ...

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Looking for opinions on how this combo might sound together. Thanks!

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
The M1.2 Reference will drive anything and sound good

Thank you Steve. I was scouring the reviews and there was one from Atkinson and he used TADs as well as a few other speakers. I think the M1.2's would sound great on the Magico and the TADs.

Last edited:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

I say that because years ago when I was wanting to switch from ARC Ref600 Mk lll (600 wpc) to Lamm ML 2.1 (18wpc) and I was worried they wouldn't drive my speakers which at that time was X2 series l. I phoned Lamm to get some answers . Lucky for me Vladimir himself picked up and we had a long talk about the ML 2.1 and the M 1.1 (current model then). With the efficiency of my speakers he had no concerns with his ML 2.1 being able to drive them. He then went on to say that if I was really concerned I should consider the M1.1 Reference "because it will drive anything and sound good"

I bought the ML 2.1 and my oldest son bought the M 1.1 which he still has and sounds great through many iterations of his system. I must say that it was that experience with Lamm as well as favorable results, that I felt for my ears, this was the best sound in the mid bass, mid range and upper octaves. Since then my signature below this post says it all and a view of my system shows my ongoing use of Lamm in my system now 2 generations newer

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Same here Stevie. When Mullard88 introduced me to Lamms it was no turning back for me. Enough for me to convince my partners to take on the line. Keith (Nephilim here in WBF) still uses his ML 2.1s. I'm using 4 M2.2s now. The TADs got a lot of good reactions from fellow members here driven by M2.2s.

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Thank you Jack and Steve. I'll make some decisions after the new year. ;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing