3. Brandon Roy
4. Joe Johnson
5. Manu
6. Andre Iguodala
7. Tyreke Evans
8. Stephen Jackson
9. J Rich
10. Kevin Martin

What do you think? (Why do I suspect there's gonna be a controversy over ## 1 & 2?)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
D Wade is darn good but when the game is on the line and I am the coach, I will always give the ball to Kobe. In clutch situations there is none better. Should the Lakers be lucky enough to win it all next year, how do you spell LEGACY :)

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Hi

I guess Kelly Dwyer must have been drunk at the Keyboard ... A case of TUI (Typing Under the Influence) .. not much any sane person can say about that

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
So here's the analysis:

D. Wade

Nobody wants anything to do with Wade, his teammates and the unseemly mess that produced what will be the 2010-11 Miami Heat, but you can't argue with Wade's production from last season. Constantly double- and triple-teamed, with some defenses sending trap defenders to get the ball out of his hands 30 feet from the hoop, Wade still put up 26.6 points per game on 47.6 percent shooting, with 11.3 combined assists/rebounds. He also averaged 1.8 steals and 1.1 blocks. At age 28, this guy is just hitting his prime, too.

Kobe

You can rant and rail and tell me once again that I'm looking for attention or trying to create waves, but Kobe Bryant is coming off a year that saw him drag an injured leg and back around, and he's still got a bum index finger on his shooting hand. He's played over 45,000 minutes in his career counting the playoffs and he turns 32 on Monday. Dwyane Wade shot better, turned the ball over fewer times, assisted more despite terrible teammates, picked up more steals and blocks -- and he's four years younger. And he'll have the better season in 2010-11.

The Lakers are still the favorites in my eyes, and Kobe Bryant should be respected more than any other player in this league, but he's part of a great team now. And he passed the torch last season. Really, he passed two seasons ago to those who were playing attention.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
.... once again that I'm looking for attention or trying to create waves ...

From his own pen ... Guilty as charged ...

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
The only time Kobe will pass the torch is when he retires. It's his team. What amazed me about Kobe is how he constantly ragged on Andrew Bynum when Andrew entered the league still in diapers. Andrew was in shell shock of the glitz, lights, and LaLa Land. Andrew was a continual choke. I couldn't believe he was the one chosen to be the next Laker center of whom there have been so many great ones. Slowly Kobe worked on him and I am surprised as to how good Andrew is. At least he can make free throws, something Shaq couldnt

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing