New York City

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
I've personally come to the conclusion that the Palestinians are not innocent victims, and Israel is an oppressor. I'm not at all sure how a different conclusion could be reached. There are no good guys in that conflict, no leadership seeking compromise and peace in good faith. I wish my country would withdraw support from Israel and get out of it completely. Is that anti Semitic? Isolationist? So be it. Seeking peace in good faith should be the minimum requirement for support.

Tim

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
I've personally come to the conclusion that the Palestinians are not innocent victims, and Israel is an oppressor. I'm not at all sure how a different conclusion could be reached. There are no good guys in that conflict, no leadership seeking compromise and peace in good faith. I wish my country would withdraw support from Israel and get out of it completely. Is that anti Semitic? Isolationist? So be it. Seeking peace in good faith should be the minimum requirement for support.

Tim

Does he really paint the palestinians as blameless victims? Or, as I see it, he just wants to call attention to Israel's actions, which are indeed pretty nasty and beligerent.
Why do people always have to divert attention to "the other side"?

alexandre

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Does he really paint the palestinians as blameless victims? Or, as I see it, he just wants to call attention to Israel's actions, which are indeed pretty nasty and beligerent.

alexandre

The place is a mess with lots of foreign powers meddling in the area.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010

alexandre

I didn't read the thing about Waters. I'm really not that interested in rock star views of world politics. I am, however, interested in world politics, particularly where my own nation's involvement is dangerous and expensive. There's a lot to dislike about the way the Palestinian leadership conducts themselves, but the same is true of the Israelis. What might be even more important, given that we have invested billions of dollars and international bad will into our alliance with Israel, is that they are bad friends, bad allies, a bad investment. They are our friends to the extent that we support whatever they choose to do and help them pay for it. They turn on us when we show the slightest hint of conscience or balance in the conflict they keep us involved in. I try to believe that our leaders sometimes do things that look wrong because they know something I don't. But knowing what I do, I would have walked away from our "friendship" with Israel long ago.

Case in point: Their negotiations with the Palestinian authority are like me negotiating the position of the lot line between me and my next door neighbor while I'm building a guest house in his back yard. It's absurd. I can't imagine why we even take them seriously, and when we do it is all their gain, our risk. We passive-aggressively support their worst behavior and there is absolutely nothing in it for us.

Rant complete.

Tim

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I didn't read the thing about Waters. I'm really not that interested in rock star views of world politics. I am, however, interested in world politics, particularly where my own nation's involvement is dangerous and expensive. There's a lot to dislike about the way the Palestinian leadership conducts themselves, but the same is true of the Israelis. What might be even more important, given that we have invested billions of dollars and international bad will into our alliance with Israel, is that they are bad friends, bad allies, a bad investment. They are our friends to the extent that we support whatever they choose to do and help them pay for it. They turn on us when we show the slightest hint of conscience or balance in the conflict they keep us involved in. I try to believe that our leaders sometimes do things that look wrong because they know something I don't. But knowing what I do, I would have walked away from our "friendship" with Israel long ago.

Case in point: Their negotiations with the Palestinian authority are like me negotiating the position of the lot line between me and my next door neighbor while I'm building a guest house in his back yard. It's absurd. I can't imagine why we even take them seriously, and when we do it is all their gain, our risk. We passive-aggressively support their worst behavior and there is absolutely nothing in it for us.

Rant complete.

Tim

I don't know how you can say that with a fanatical enemy that is sworn to and would like nothing more than to wipe Israel off the face of the earth. Their children have been indoctrinated to hate Jews. No, anti-semetism runs deep in the world and in the middle East (study a little bit about the Grand Mufti, Iraq, the Baath party, Sadaam Hussein and the Nazis for instance) and didn't disappear because WWII ended. You'll also know why the war in Bosnia erupted after Tito died in the '90s.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com

Tim

Tim, I don't believe your view is ant semitic or isolationist, however it is just plain uninformed. You obviously don't know the historical facts and all the surrounding circumstances. Period. I won't debate,
I'm going to be done on this thread. Been there done that.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010

Rant complete.

Tim

If anyone needs evidence of this, google USS Liberty if you don't already know the story about how the Israelis attempted to sink a US Navy ship because they thought we were spying on them and passing the info to Egypt.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
I don't know how you can say that with a fanatical enemy that is sworn to and would like nothing more than to wipe Israel off the face of the earth. Their children have been indoctrinated to hate Jews. No, anti-semetism runs deep in the world and in the middle East (study a little bit about the Grand Mufti, Iraq, the Baath party, Sadaam Hussein and the Nazis for instance) and didn't disappear because WWII ended. You'll also know why the war in Bosnia erupted after Tito died in the '90s.

+1

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing