Any Hellborg and French Fans?

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

Tom B.

Member Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
1" 2-Tk Studer...Nice! They're really burying the meters at :39, though.

lasercd

Member Sponsor
Oct 28, 2010
Voorhees, NJ
www.lasercd.com
Mattias "IA" Eklundh is an amazing guitarist that records for us with his Freak Kitchen trio. The first Art Metal album was phenomenal. Really looking forward to this one.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
1" 2-Tk Studer...Nice! They're really burying the meters at :39, though.

I see but I wonder if the meters are adequate. They're only +3 and perhaps the modded deck/newer tape can handle more?

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Mattias "IA" Eklundh is an amazing guitarist that records for us with his Freak Kitchen trio. The first Art Metal album was phenomenal. Really looking forward to this one.

I've always loved and used Elegant Punk as a reference album. Puts the Dean Peer, and no offense to Dean, to shame. Elegant Punk at one time was imported into this country by Rega. (along with some other wonderful albums.)

Tom B.

Member Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
I see but I wonder if the meters are adequate. They're only +3 and perhaps the modded deck/newer tape can handle more?

Those must be the console or mixer meters, so we don't necessarily know what level the A80 is recording at. Still can't get past the 1" tape...you gotta love it :D

Tom

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Those must be the console or mixer meters, so we don't necessarily know what level the A80 is recording at. Still can't get past the 1" tape...you gotta love it :D

Tom

Didn't Kavi also use 1-inch 2-track tape for his recording? Some of his recordings are spectacular but alas many of my favorites are only available on CD. If they sound that good on CD, imagine how they would sound on LP--or the original tape! And now that Kavi has sold his deck, it's unlikely they'll be on LP. :( That is unless maybe Chad could find one and reissue more of the Water Lily recordings.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing