Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone using Stenheim with Nagra?

Member Sponsor Senior Member

Anyone using Stenheim with Nagra?

As a Nagra user, i'm wondering if others have heard Stenheim Alumine speaks with Nagra. There was a short piece by Steve G on CNet that sparked my interest but it was not very in depth. I'm Currently using Verity but would be curious to hear others opinions.
    Thanks
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by tunes View Post
    As a Nagra user, i'm wondering if others have heard Stenheim Alumine speaks with Nagra. There was a short piece by Steve G on CNet that sparked my interest but it was not very in depth. I'm Currently using Verity but would be curious to hear others opinions.
    Thanks
    Chris
    My dealer in Austin is using the Rockport Avior's with the Nagra Jazz and MSA's...EXCELLENT combo...was just listening to this combo on Sat. I love my Nagra VPS....what Nagra gear do you own?
    Speakers: Rockport Altair 2
    Pre & Amp: Nagra HD Pre & Amp
    Cables: Transparent Magnum Opus on sources, Opus Gen 5 Pre to amps & speaker
    Power Transparent Opus, Opus Source Power Cords & Opus Power Isolators
    Power Shunyata DPC-6 v2
    Digital dCS Vivaldi full stack w/ Transparent Reference XL Digital cables
    Phono: Grand Prix Monaco TT, Spiral Groove Centroid, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2, Nagra VPS/VFS/MPS
    Racks: Grand Prix Audio Silverstone F1

I'm using Nagra vpa amps, the jazz pre and cdp. Bought a vps that i thought might work for my finish but it wasn't a good pairing for me (though i didn't try a stepup) in terms of gain. Verity Amadis speaks.

I'm using Nagra vpa amps, the jazz pre and cdp. Bought a vps that i thought might work for my finish but it wasn't a good pairing for me (though i didn't try a stepup) in terms of gain. Verity Amadis speaks.
    Hi guys,
    Man, I thought Stenheim was the best kept secret in audio (not anymore looks like...
    I have the Alumine full 3rd way set with a Nagra Jazz, CH Precision A1 amp and C1 dac
    streaming. Nothing can touch this - got rid of a complete FM Acoustics/Wilson system for
    this.

My dealer has the VPA's and the Nagra 300b...your VPA's a killer good amps. Really all the Nagra amps are great...
    Power Shunyata DPC-6 v2
    Phono: Grand Prix Monaco TT, Spiral Groove Centroid, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2, Nagra VPS/VFS/MPS

Yep, agree. I really like the VPAs aside from the heat of the four 845 tubes!
    Here's the link to the cnet teaser on stenheim's. Redsquare, what are your impressions of the model you have heard?

http://m.cnet.com/news/stenheim-alum...rland/57614336

I've been using Stenheim speakers for nearly 2 years now. I originally heard them with the VPA's and an MSA - it was glorious - everything you could want - incredibly fast but with beautiful and deep mids. Incredibly coherent and way beyond everything I've heard (they actually remind me of my Quad 57's) Very very natural and relaxed (like Steve G says) but alive at the same time. Nagra and Stenheim like to show together and I think they even used the 300B at a few shows. From what I've learned, Stenheim are all ex Goldmund and Nagra engineers. I recently went for a CH Precision A1 to partner with the Stenheim's.

i have a pair of stenheims with the matching subs, connected to a full nagra system, comprising of cdp, jazz, 300, phono all powered by the mps supply, all are placed on the nagra vps platforms and all cabling is nordost odin or valhalla....
    this is one of 3 systems, i currently use and is far the most satisying and easiest to listen too.... easily beating my magico Q1's and devialets. strangely the aluminium structure makes for a very warm sounding speaker. i absolutely love them. come round and listen

Quote Originally Posted by jussy1254 View Post
    i have a pair of stenheims with the matching subs, connected to a full nagra system, comprising of cdp, jazz, 300, phono all powered by the mps supply, all are placed on the nagra vps platforms and all cabling is nordost odin or valhalla....
    this is one of 3 systems, i currently use and is far the most satisying and easiest to listen too.... easily beating my magico Q1's and devialets. strangely the aluminium structure makes for a very warm sounding speaker. i absolutely love them. come round and listen
    I am VERY curious about the Nagra MPS. Have you compared it to the other power supply (SMPS ll) on your Jazz? I've tried a battery with my Nagra VPS and prefer the SMPS ll power supply (more dynamics-although the bettery is a bit more pure sounding - you really can't go wrong either way). I've heard the Jazz and 300b Nagra pre and amp...really nice gear. I've owned my Nagra VPS now for nearly 5 years...it makes fantastic music...
    Power Shunyata DPC-6 v2

Quote Originally Posted by jfrech View Post
    I am VERY curious about the Nagra MPS. Have you compared it to the other power supply (SMPS ll) on your Jazz? I've tried a battery with my Nagra VPS and prefer the SMPS ll power supply (more dynamics-although the bettery is a bit more pure sounding - you really can't go wrong either way). I've heard the Jazz and 300b Nagra pre and amp...really nice gear. I've owned my Nagra VPS now for nearly 5 years...it makes fantastic music...
    there are 3 advantages with the MPS

One power chord to the MPS
    Switching the MPS on, switches the Nagras on
    Optional battery supply for the phono, reduces the noise level

The only advantage sonically is on the Phono with battery supply. I have heard no difference vs the standard supplies on the Jazz and CDP

Will use the MPS to power the DAC (this takes 2 of the 4 outlets, the battery supply for the VPS and the remaining for the Jazz) and I will use an existing supply for the CDP

I have separated it from the other Nagras and it does not accept 3 coned nagra feet to sit on a VFS (but Nagra does not recommend this anyway)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast