FOR SALE: Wilson Audio Alexandria XLF - Desert Silver - NO REASONABLE OFFER REFUSED!

jtinn

Industry Expert
Apr 20, 2010
This beautiful pair of Wilson Alexandria XLF speakers ($195,000.00 Retail) are in the highly sought after Desert Silver finish. They were manufactured April 2012. The factory crates and all original packing is included.

These are the demos of Brooks Berdan Ltd. and can be auditioned and inspected anytime in Monrovia, California. If sold domestically, setup will be included. If airfare and lodging are required, they are not included in the price.

You will also receive a 5 year factory warranty if Brooks Berdan Ltd. does the setup. If airfare and lodging are required, they are not included.

Please contact me at (503) 221-0465 with any questions. Wire transfer, bank or personal check gladly accepted.

Wilson Alexandria XLF - Desert Silver.jpg
DSC06221.JPG
DSC06225.JPG
DSC06228.JPG

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
Steve, are you going to go for these??

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
I thought these were to be sold at a buyer offered price? Maybe $100k is a reasonable offer?

And they're not too far from Steve...

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
If you look close at the back of the speakers, they already have Steve's name on them.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
tempting, but quite honestly, my X-2.2's are sounding brilliant. Sure the XLF will be better. I need to reign in the stereo expenses. Maybe in a year or so I will upgrade.

Gotta channel the funds back to the Porsches ey? :D

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Gotta channel the funds back to the Porsches ey? :D

yeah..the 918 Spyder is going to hurt...lol
Less than 5 minutes ago I was trying to figure out when the expenditures are over. :confused:

By the way, you should contact Herz in Asia. The TS 140 under the AF1 and HRS shelf is a significant improvement in overall transparency, clearer and tighter bass articulation and even a quiter noise foor. Well worth the $13k USD considering this table's cost. The offer demo units. Cheers !

I am also using the Stillpoints LP1 record weight too.:cool:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Maybe after I've actually got walls and floors back in my room :) Shouldn't be long now. The finishers are going at a good pace. ;)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Jonathan,

Thanks for posting the sale. You are probably one of the few who has had both Q7 and XLF, if I am not mistaken. Although I recognize you are here for a sale, I would appreciate any thoughts you may have about the 2 for those who are looking at both. In particular, I am curious about scale...can the Q7 scale up as well as the XLF? It has been suggested to me by those who know both extremely well that the XLF has greater macrodynamics, but I would appreciate your thoughts on this, as well as any others.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Just how big of a room does one need for XLFs?

jtinn

Industry Expert
Apr 20, 2010
Jonathan,

Although I recognize you are here for a sale, I would appreciate any thoughts you may have about the 2 for those who are looking at both. In particular, I am curious about scale...can the Q7 scale up as well as the XLF? It has been suggested to me by those who know both extremely well that the XLF has greater macrodynamics, but I would appreciate your thoughts on this, as well as any others.

I am sure this will bring out Magico protectors and remember, I was specifically asked my opinion.

Sale or not, it is no secret that I do not personally connect on an emotion level with the Q7s, or any of the Magico speakers. I feel they are easily bested at substantially less money. I also do not know why they have received good reviews, especially when they are so uninvolving. Maybe it is the huge amount of money Magico spends on advertising.

Wilson, in the past, was similar for me as well. Most Wilson speakers have always done well at macrodynamics and impressed in short demos, but the longer time spent, at least for me, the more fatiguing they became. This latest generation of their top of the line speaker is a bit different. The XLFs are a good deal more cohesive and musical. Build quality has really never been in question.

In terms of scale, in many cases, that depends on the room and setup. I really don't see either having a problem at projection of size.

There is no question, between the two, I find it to be an easy decision, the Wilson Alexandria XLF portray the musical event much better than Magico.

jtinn

Industry Expert
Apr 20, 2010
Just how big of a room does one need for XLFs?

In general, I think room dimensions are more important than room volume. If the room is fairly flat but small, the XLFs could sound quite a bit better than if they are in a large space with big bumps and dips.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I am sure this will bring out Magico protectors and remember, I was specifically asked my opinion.

Sale or not, it is no secret that I do not personally connect on an emotion level with the Q7s, or any of the Magico speakers. I feel they are easily bested at substantially less money. I also do not know why they have received good reviews, especially when they are so uninvolving. Maybe it is the huge amount of money Magico spends on advertising.

Wilson, in the past, was similar for me as well. Most Wilson speakers have always done well at macrodynamics and impressed in short demos, but the longer time spent, at least for me, the more fatiguing they became. This latest generation of their top of the line speaker is a bit different. The XLFs are a good deal more cohesive and musical. Build quality has really never been in question.

In terms of scale, in many cases, that depends on the room and setup. I really don't see either having a problem at projection of size.

There is no question, between the two, I find it to be an easy decision, the Wilson Alexandria XLF portray the musical event much better than Magico.

Jonathan, you've stated your personal opinion, and in my earlier post, that is exactly what I requested. I respect that. Thank you.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing