The most expensive TV sold on Amazon - customer reviews and comments

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
. . . . several really amusing comments.

kach22i

WBF Founding Member
Apr 21, 2010
Ann Arbor, Michigan
www.kachadoorian.com
It is a real TV, and that really is it's price.

The Amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN85S9-85-Inch-Ultra-120Hz/dp/B00CMEN95U
Customer Questions & Answers
Q: This more than I make in a year. How the heck can anyone afford this much for a TV?
A:
I've heard of some people temporarily selling their kids into slavery; it seems to be working. If you have old money then this shouldn't be a...
See more | See all 4 answers
Q: It looks like the TV is mounted in some sort of weird frame. Does the TV spin 360 is it motorized? Want to use it as a paddle wheel on a bass boat
A:
it does. We have one in Myrtle Beach SC on the back of our jon boat and it works quite effectively
See all 3 answers
Q: Does this cure cancer and/or AIDS?
A:
Well it didn't cure my AIDs, but I'm a lot more comfortable with this baby to distract from the pain!
See all 12 questions & answers

The Samsung link:
http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN85S9AFXZA-gallery

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Hey, its less than the price of a pair of the super high end interconnects ($16,000), speaker cables ($26.000) and power cords ($10,999) from N*****t.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
That's really funny. At first I was wondering how on earth that many people had "bought it" until I started reading the comments.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I just ordered one, and will post my review as soon as it arrives. Break-in takes about 4 years, I hear.

Lee
You know how there are pre-washed jeans? Well, UPS has the same service for electronics. You tell them that you wanted the TV broken in and they make sure it falls from the pallet truck multiple times instead of once or two. This way once you get it, it is already broken so you don't have to wait the 4 years.

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
You know how there are pre-washed jeans? Well, UPS has the same service for electronics. You tell them that you wanted the TV broken in and they make sure it falls from the pallet truck multiple times instead of once or two. This way once you get it, it is already broken so you don't have to wait the 4 years.

That's why you were the bigshot VP! I couldn't possibly trim the fat that way!

Lee

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
That's right. I have broken many pieces of electronics and hence, speak from deep experience in this regard.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The form factor (with the stand) would prove a real challenge to set up an HT around. I'd certainly go with a projector and screen even if the projector wasn't 4k.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing