New Corus/625

LenWhite

Feb 11, 2011
Florida
systems.audiogon.com
I just changed my preamp/amp combo to the Jeff Rowland Corus/625. Anyone have any input on the length of break-in?

GuidoCorona

Apr 23, 2010
Summerville (SC)
Congratulations Len! I used the original version of M625 in my system for 15 months, driven by a Rowland Criterion linestage. Criterion is equivalent to Corus, with the addition of a battery supply, but has otherwise same SMPS and signal section.

For both devices, I . estimate that substantial break-in occurs for the first 800 hours, after which you might notice some further refinements until the 1200 hours mark.

Just last October, I heard the Corus/M625 (current production/version) combination at RMAF in the Nordost suite (blanca Peak). The system was wired entirely by a loom of Nordost Valhalla 2 cables, from PCs to XLR ICs to speaker wires... The result was amazing... I ended up visiting the suite three times to enjoy more of that magic.

By the way, while M625 benefits from a very good power cord, like the aforementioned Valhalla 2 or the Shunyata King Cobra CX -- which I had in my system at the time--, Corus sports a power supply which is so well buffered and regulated that it appears to be largely insenstitive to PCs.

In case you were wondering, I have since upgraded to M725 monos, and then to M925 monos, while Criterion is still there where it belongs!

Saluti, Guido

musicargyle

Jan 28, 2013
Honestly it's a long road but worth it: After 9 months my Chorus, Aeris and 625 are there. Might as well have started a family but it's cheaper to raise a litter of Jeff Rowland critters. Enjoy. FYI I am dreading my 825 break in........but again it will be worth it.

GuidoCorona

Apr 23, 2010
Summerville (SC)
That's exciting... When will you be receiving M825?

Saluti, Guido

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing