Subwoofer cable..

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
What is the difference, if there is one, between "subwoofer" cable and regular RCA audio cable? I had Blue Jeans cable fabricate two runs and as far as I know it's no different than plain old RCA audio ICs....??

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
longer and single channel

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
..single channel? Not following you there rb..

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
..single channel? Not following you there rb..

I think when he said single channel he meant that many people only use one sub and thus only buy one IC. As to your original question, I'm sure the cable winders/re-packagers would tell you that their cables are optimized for the bass frequencies. I'm sure that many people who buy ICs that are labeled as subwoofer ICs will swear up and down they hear a huge difference over an ordinary or even extraordinary IC. I'm sure your BJ ICs are just dandy. How would I know that? I have a pair of them that are connecting my subs that are daisy chained together.

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Back in the day when I bought my first HT subwoofer I remember being told by the salesman to be sure and buy the monster subwoofer cable and I dutifully complied. Live and learn...a mantra I never seemed to master..

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
If your interested I have a few pairs (balanced and single ended) collecting dust. They are by blue jean and bettercables. Could not give them away on Audiogon.

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
If your interested I have a few pairs (balanced and single ended) collecting dust. They are by blue jean and bettercables. Could not give them away on Audiogon.

Same here edorr but thanks for the offer!

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
The ICs I bought from BJ cables use Belden cable. Belden is a company that actually knows how to design and build cables for the application they are intended for and has been in business for a gazillion years. I'm pretty sure that Belden cables have shown up under other brand names with fancy sheathing over the cable to obscure their origins.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing