Sonus Faber Stradivari ....

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
I have these ... And really love them. Surprisingly the bass is great for a little speaker. I am not crazy about integrating subs but thought about it. I know the Strads need electronics to balance their sound and plenty of SS power but I am willing to try.

I was already thinking Alexia and S3/S5. Not sure if I will deviate from that path.

TBI powered subs are easy to integrate....
www.tbisound.com

Emre Üçöz

Aug 1, 2011
Istanbul
Joe, I still own my Strads since 6 years now. I have amps, preamp, digital have changed along the way but not the them. I have auditioned quite a list of speakers and if I will change my Strads to either TAD Ref1 or Focal Stella Utopia EM. Currently I am using Soulution pre-power.

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Thanks Emre,

TAD/Focal are different that the Strads. I am not going to make a decision for a few months. I hooked up my SF Evos and will live with them for a little while before I make any big changes. My Evos are wonderful speakers and more forgiving than my TADs. I like the variety and I am not sure where I will end up.

Joe, I still own my Strads since 6 years now. I have amps, preamp, digital have changed along the way but not the them. I have auditioned quite a list of speakers and if I will change my Strads to either TAD Ref1 or Focal Stella Utopia EM. Currently I am using Soulution pre-power.

BTS

May 16, 2011
BTS,

Thank you so much. What electronics are you using?

Right now Accuphase C-2810 and McIntosh MC-501. I have tried some other poweramps on my Strads but there was only two of them I could live with. One of them was my then own MC-602 and the other
was Burmester 911 mkIII wich unfortunately wasn't mine.

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Ah, yes. Thinking back to my 911mk3 amps, I think they'd be great for the Strads.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Ah, yes. Thinking back to my 911mk3 amps, I think they'd be great for the Strads.

I actually think they would be great with your current speakers and many others :)

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
I actually think they would be great with your current speakers and many others :)

If you mean by current speakers the SF Evos and Revel Studio2, I agree. But NOT with my TADs. Way too unforgiving and forward for my taste.

kach22i

WBF Founding Member
Apr 21, 2010
Ann Arbor, Michigan
www.kachadoorian.com
The Sonus Faber Stradivari were one of the only two speakers to give me goosebumps.
I'm told that the Sonus Faber - Elipsa is the baby sister to the Stradivari, same concept, smaller price tag.

I've seen but not heard the Stradivari, was told they are many people's favorite Sonus Faber, last product from the master designer which put them on the map.

The Sonus Faber - Elipsa is the only Sonus Faber product I would consider owning (besides the Stradivari).

I recently heard their latest offerings with their new in house tweeter, I don't want to say anything nasty or disparaging, so I won't say a thing.

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Thank you George.

Can anyone comment on how they think the Vitus
SIA-025 would match up with the Strads?

Thanks!

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Thank you George.

Thanks!

You might as buy them both Joe and let us know what you think. It's just a matter of time...

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Thank you George.

Thanks!

Sweet and Musical , depending on listening levels and programme, it might want you feeling the need for some more power . Be a stonking match with your Guaneris though , mate a sub (or two) and you would have great sound .. best SQ to price/performance under the circumstances

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
For my level of listening, the 25 wpc would be more than enough on the Strads. I agree not enough power on the Evos.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Sorry if I did not explain my self well , subs suggested for a full range signal , I think the SIA-25 has enough and more for the Evo . Yes, a watt is a watt , but those Vitus UI core transformers are pretty special , remember the larger SS101, a rather large beast is rated at a paltry 50W Class A and I have never felt or heard them gasping, whatever the level or load .

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
For my level of listening, the 25 wpc would be more than enough on the Strads. I agree not enough power on the Evos.

At 86db efficiency and 4ohm load on average, would that mean you clear over 105db with lots of headroom for peaks? If so, it might pleasantly surprise you depending on how loud you listen. With extreme headroom of Vitus, you might find the Vitus feels louder than other amps? At least this is what I have heard from those who've listened to Vitus 'smaller' amps.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Thank you George.

Thanks!

Stick with your cj gear Joe. They drive sublimely.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing