Amir buys an LP....

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Amir-I was thinking about your dilemma. Does that qualify me for a free lunch too? :D
I am in good mood, having been showered by kind offers. So sure, happy to buy you lunch too if you happen to be in Seattle area :).

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Amir..... while it's always fun to visit Bruce's studio and lunch with you guys, you know that many of these small bands sell their music in any format you want off Bandcamp right? Some of them post their 24/96 studio masters as well.... and sold at the same price as mp3s.

I like buying music off Bandcamp also because the artists earn a lot more than off iTunes or Amazon (Bandcamp takes 15% of revenue)..... and I like supporting musicians.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I had no idea that site existed Gary! Thanks for the referral. Prices are in british pound. Are they all that way or it depends on where the artist is?

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
I had no idea that site existed Gary! Thanks for the referral. Prices are in british pound. Are they all that way or it depends on where the artist is?

I'm sure it's in whatever currency the artist wants. I've paid in USD, EUR. This is the first I have paid in Stg pounds. I previewed the travks, my wife liked the music and I clicked buy.

Bandcamp is great because they often allow you to listen to the whole track before you buy.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I bought it and it billed my paypal account. And yes, it let me fully preview the songs. Nice! I usually have to go to Youtube to do that. Thanks again Gary.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I bought it and it billed my paypal account. And yes, it let me fully preview the songs. Nice! I usually have to go to Youtube to do that. Thanks again Gary.

Sooooo ...no more LP for you?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing