Hydro Flask

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Any of you guys use these bottles? I picked up my first one at Roger Dunn (a golf shop). I thought it was a bit expensive and heavier than the usual water bottle but the standee thing said up to 24hrs cold, 12 hours hot. Warm water on your back nine is not cool. Pun intended. I broke a lot of glass thermos bottles as kid and got hell for that so I was happy to learn there wasn't anything breakable in these. I played a round of golf and there was still lots of ice in it. I left it in the car and the next day it STILL had a lot of ice in it. Excellent!! My wife sees this and raids Roger Dunn's for herself and the kids.

Next trip to Hawaii, I stumble across a Hydro Flask kiosk at Pearlridge Mall. Mo' choices! I picked up a 64oz growler for an impending beach trip in Mactan, Cebu. In Cebu, I sliced up a whole orange, filled it to the brim with ice from the machine and proceed to fill it with a whole bottle of Russian Standard vodka. It was a good day at the beach for the gang! No watery vodka! Problem was, now everybody wanted one.

Long story short, since everybody who'd seen them kept on bugging me to buy and bring home these bottles every trip, I said screw it! We picked up the distributorship. :D

zztop7

Member Sponsor
Dec 12, 2012
Edmonds, WA
I do not get it.
I have used vacuum insulated ss inner ss outer flasks before. Even with preheating, none would keep coffee hot for 12 hours.
I went to their site, but there was no information that would convince me.
Please explain how their technology is different from the past.
Respectfully,
zz

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The flip lids on the Hydro Flasks I have been instructed, do not go to 12 hours but the screw-on lids do. More like 8. So it's probably that.

I've only tried cold for really long periods. For coffee, I finish everything within 6 hours or so and it's really hot still (with the flip lid). For the hunters et al. I was told to recommend the screw down lids. You can choose your type of lid at purchase or get an alternate/extra one for about 2 bucks. A lid for the car or office and one for outdoors, same bottle.

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Next trip to Hawaii, I stumble across a Hydro Flask kiosk at Pearlridge Mall. Mo' choices! I picked up a 64oz growler for an impending beach trip in Mactan, Cebu. In Cebu, I sliced up a whole orange, filled it to the brim with ice from the machine and proceed to fill it with a whole bottle of Russian Standard vodka. It was a good day at the beach for the gang! No watery vodka! Problem was, now everybody wanted one.

Nice. Very nice.:)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing