Interconnect cable suggestions for nagra iv-s

tunes

Member Sponsor
Nov 9, 2013
Inbound vintage iv-s coming. I'm looking for suggestions for cabling to connect to preamp (likely to rca but could be to xlr jacks on pre).
Ideas?

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Inexpensive = Mogami Gold, Belden

Moderate = JPS Aluminata, Shunyata

Expensive = Transparent Opus, Nordost Odin

I'd suggest contacting The Cable Company. They have a Try/Buy program.

tunes

Member Sponsor
Nov 9, 2013
Inexpensive = Mogami Gold, Belden

Moderate = JPS Aluminata, Shunyata

Expensive = Transparent Opus, Nordost Odin

I'd suggest contacting The Cable Company. They have a Try/Buy program.

Haven't seen tuchel 7-pin connectors to rcas in the shunyata, kubala, transparent, etc lines. Anyone know who does make an approp interconnect or is it a diy project?

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Haven't seen tuchel 7-pin connectors to rcas in the shunyata, kubala, transparent, etc lines. Anyone know who does make an approp interconnect or is it a diy project?

I've never seen it. You may be able to get Redco to make them.

Last edited:

tunes

Member Sponsor
Nov 9, 2013
Thanks bruce. Will try redco. Btw, joe at the cable company has never had an inquiry for this kind of cable connector in 30 years! He suggested contacting pro audio dealers.

tunes

Member Sponsor
Nov 9, 2013
In case anyone else is looking, found a supplier of tuchel to rca or xlr input and output cables on the bay (guy in UK). Have ordered a set.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I heard a Nagra similar to yours with AN silver cable (short runs of course) and sounded great!

jussy1254

Feb 13, 2011
hello
i use nordost odin and valhalla, power 'conditioning' is nordost quantum
very very happy

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing