MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
”One ”Open Reel Selection of Opus 3 Analogue
Recordings, Vol.III

AMC-23130

"One" Open Reel Selection of Opus 3 Analogue Recordings, Vol. III
Retail Price: $250.00 USD

This Master Copy starts with one of our first and most "popular" track "House of the rising sun" from our debut album with Cyndee Peters, "Black is the color" from 1976, that was very often used for demo and in particular showing "The Depth of Image", which was one of the early hallmarks of the "Opus 3 sound"! Just like the two first Open Reel selections, it offers a broad variation of different musical genres, like World Music, Jazz and Classical selected from our over 50 analogue master tapes! It is a nice complement to the other two open reel samplers, presenting music from more "untouched" opus 3 albums!

1. House of the Rising Sun

2. Leaves (Except)

3. Larghetto in C-minor (D. Cimarosa)
From Sthlm Guitar Quartet, ”Bach Telemann”, LP 7915 2´00

4. Finale: Presto non tanto - Chopin (Excerpt)
-Schuman-Skrjabin”, CD 9202 2´10

5. Unca´s Flight

6. Memories of you

7. Everybody Loves My Baby
SACD 22071 3´40

8. Treecircle

9. Sommarsång (W.Peterson-Berger)
From: Omnibus Wind Ensemble, ”Viriditas per Omnibus”, CD 19304 2´33

Playback EQ: IEC/CCIR (35uS)

2-track, 1/4” at 38 cm/s (15”)

Catalogue no. from the original album.

Cyndee Peters' House of the Rising Sun has always been a reference track for me and last year I asked Jan-Eric if he could release it on reel-to-reel. Well looks like my prayers have been answered. Then there's also track 3 from the famous Stockholm Guitar Quartet! Looks like another winner!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing