Highend Novum PMR

Bill Demars

Apr 28, 2010
East Greenbush, N.Y.
www.beautyofsound.com
Anyone try one or two of these resonators ? It seems to be a very interesting concept. I wish I could demo before buying...

http://www.highend-electronics.com/highend_novum.html

I have heard them in two friend's systems as well as my system. Very dramatic differences in all cases-vastly improved space between instruments and a more holographic 3-D perspective.
I will be getting one or two in within the next week or two and could let you try one in your system to see if we hear any changes. Bet we will;)
I've been on a roll checking out various tweaks such as the Acoustic Revive R-77 and several products from Audio-Magic that have literally transformed my system. Coolest tweak are bottles filled with an unknown material that you place between tubes in your amp. Adds richness and weight in the midrange down through the bass.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I have heard them in two friend's systems as well as my system. Very dramatic differences in all cases-vastly improved space between instruments and a more holographic 3-D perspective.
I will be getting one or two in within the next week or two and could let you try one in your system to see if we hear any changes. Bet we will;)
I've been on a roll checking out various tweaks such as the Acoustic Revive R-77 and several products from Audio-Magic that have literally transformed my system. Coolest tweak are bottles filled with an unknown material that you place between tubes in your amp. Adds richness and weight in the midrange down through the bass.

Let me know when you get them and have had a chance to hear them in your system. I'm interested in demoing them. Pretty easy to A/B test.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Coolest tweak are bottles filled with an unknown material that you place between tubes in your amp. Adds richness and weight in the midrange down through the bass.

Note to natives : Easy now ! :cool:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Anyone try one or two of these resonators ? It seems to be a very interesting concept. I wish I could demo before buying...

http://www.highend-electronics.com/highend_novum.html

I have been surprised to see a lot of systems with this in the middle...all of a sudden too. Or maybe I never noticed them before. Most intrigued. Is it just adding a resonance to the sound waves coming off the speakers?

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
"Great" Speaker.
Seriously, try to insert bronze cymbal ( 70$) instead of 2400$ Gear.
Depend by room resonance, but you can clearly hear more defined med-Hi frequencies

I wish someone could explain how hanging a metallic object up (like a cymbal) between your speakers is going to improve things by adding noise. And if we are going to hang cymbals up between our speakers, don't we need to debate the size, brand, and cost of the cymbals used?

This reminds me of the time I stood on my head in my listening room and the image height of my system grew much larger.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I wish someone could explain how hanging a metallic object up (like a cymbal) between your speakers is going to improve things by adding noise. And if we are going to hang cymbals up between our speakers, don't we need to debate the size, brand, and cost of the cymbals used?

This reminds me of the time I stood on my head in my listening room and the image height of my system grew much larger.

No different than those Shakti things or those plugs or whatever on the wall that one of Peter's reviewer's uses. That one blows me away!

audioarcher

May 6, 2012
Seattle area
Why not just go for a full drum kit?:D At least it would be useful. Not sure why it would be beneficial? Maybe it adds some sort of diffusion?

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia

Not, really I am not go to hang up cymbals between speakers. It was just to try. The effect is really minimum, but there is. This is not so unusual. Bronze plats have been used to improve teather Acoustics in the pass.

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Is this similar (benefit wise) to those Shakti devices that look like coat hangers?

I'm with Mep. Color me very skeptical. :confused:

GG

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Christian

Did you ever get to try these things?

cheers

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
IMG_0334.jpg

I tried one of these borrowed from a friend. It made a very audible difference - one that I did not like. It added a resonance in the upper midrange/lower treble region that altered the tonal balance of my system. It kind of sang along with the music and added a coloration which I don't need in my system. Once I heard it, and recognized it for what it does, I removed it pretty quickly.

However, I also heard this in the same friend's own system, and it did actually help his overall sound by increasing the perception of space and detail in those frequencies. His sound became more open and slightly more realistic sounding. It became less flat and a bit more exciting. It also seemed to focus the center image and was a nice effect on vocals. My conclusion is that this is a tweak which is very system/room dependent. I do not need the "enhancement" in my system. YMMV.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
I tried it too but decided I had enough resonance already and didn't need any more.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing