Ducati

scouter

Member Sponsor
Oct 30, 2012
Wrightsville Beach, NC
Mirrors are worthless but who cares- you aren't getting passed by anyone :) You need to ALWAYS turn the head anyway (ALWAYS a second time for emphasis), as a blind spot with motorcycles usually equals more than a fender bender. One of the best things about the Streetfighter is it seems like you are flying, as you are positioned way over the handlebars. Of course, the instant acceleration and lean over angle are the best. Be prepared for a lot of conversation with strangers- people love Ducatis!

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Picked it up today and did about 100 miles , the thing is a rocket:D a lot of fun , I live in a busy city and certainly on the highway I use the mirrors.
It does get heavy on the clutch though after a while(city traffic ) , riding position is excelent after all.
Its all original handlebars/mirrors now .

Last edited:

scouter

Member Sponsor
Oct 30, 2012
Wrightsville Beach, NC
It feels like you're flying on this bike, as you're so far over the handlebars. Yes, the dry clutch is a little heavy, but bullet proof. Does yours have the slipper clutch? If not, a worthwhile addition. The bike is geared nicely for great mid rev torque don't you think? Much better than the super bike. Enjoy!

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I ve never ridden the superbike , but when the dealer has the try out days coming spring ,I wanna ride the panigale awesome looking bike .
Yes it all seems in balance , the thing just wants to take off , got to be carefull with that throttle :D besides that awesome smooth riding
No I have the standard clutch but todays riding was already better , I guess the hand muscles need some training

ducati_1199_panigale_s_tricolore_nero_11_by_milannoartworks-d4k02rq by andromeda61, on Flickr

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Well it was a tough choice :D, i could choose for either" high end cables" or the DUC , i went for the DUC without doubt :p , i ll be picking it up in march though , it ll be in winterstall at the dealer till that time.
Only thing about it is the bentover seating position but i can get used to that i reckon , besides that gorgious bike with termignioni exhaust, its the S version, a lot of torque in low revs

sf1100s-2 by andromeda61, on Flickr

Sweeeeet ride HJ. Congratulations!

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Got it about 3 months now and did about 4000 k the thing is a total adrenaline rush ... :D:p fast fast fast instant power delivery

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Nice, but stay safe!

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Here is an interesting chart that I've used for determining a good fit.

Motorcycle Ergonomics

I've had my fair share of sport bikes and I just can't take it anymore. I'd love a Duc, but even with a short commute, I don't see it.
I've got a fast Sport/Touring bike now that fits my needs perfectly!

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
the duc streetfigter is not a totally upright riding position its basically a stripped 1098 superbike , a bit aggresive leanover but thats it, a perfect touringbike would probaly a ducati multistrada or a bmw gs for example , its just what one wants as you said

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
no i dont think so , but honda does not really bring that technology on the marketplace whereas ducati brings high performance ( not mass produced bikes ) to the market place as for example with the panigale superleggera

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
no i dont think so , but honda does not really bring that technology on the marketplace whereas ducati brings high performance ( not mass produced bikes ) to the market place as for example with the panigale superleggera

I was watching Moto 3 last night. Looks like Marc's younger brother is also a phenom.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Marc is phenomenal, that's for sure, but you have to give it up to Rossi, also. He's ahead of Lorenzo, fer chrisakes!

The Doctor has always been a favorite of mine. When Marquez finally caught Lorenzo who ran very strong...I now see Marquez going undefeated this year save for an accident or mechanical breakdown. I also see Marquez to be as dominant as the doctor was back in the early 2000's if not more going forward.

Mark Jones

[Industry Expert]/Member Sponsor
Jul 9, 2014
A photo of my old bike, I miss riding... :-(

Mark Jones

[Industry Expert]/Member Sponsor
Jul 9, 2014
2004 749R with 120hp at the rear wheel, not bad for a 750 twin. Great track bike, terrible street bike.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing