Ducati

scouter

Member Sponsor
Oct 30, 2012
Wrightsville Beach, NC
I currently have a 1199 Panigale S- same as the 749 -fast, fun, exciting, but really a horrible street bike, especially around town. Out in the country-wow! The bike was made to be ridden like a stallion. Really comfortable compare to the other Ducati super bikes, (though the Streetfighter is waaaay more comfortable) but the heat is intolerable around town when driving slow. Funny though- I look forward to these drives much more than I every did on my last bike-BMW GS 1200R. The Ducati has a lot of warts, but it will put a smile on your face!

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Thats a very nice bike the panigale .
On the dealer demo day i was supposed to ride the 899 panigale , but the bike wasnt there somebody crashed it on the track the day before .
I did ride the 2014 multistrada and hypermotard , the hyper was indeed hyper !! very nervous gas response and brakes .
The multistrada was great , what a total relaxed ride , a real mile eater .
Mine is a play bike not very well suited for long distance , the panigale might be very focused on track use i dont know .
I havent got very much bike expirience but my duc indeed puts a smile on my face:D
However , I could see myself going for more practicality and quite a lot of power like the MTS , next year maybe

Last edited:

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
The demo at the time was occupied , otherwise i would have ridden it for half an hour , nice bike i love the dash.
Ducati owners circle :D

WDB

Feb 15, 2012
Italy has always made beautiful bikes and cars, I always wanted a Ducati but I wreaked my body years ago and can't ride anymore.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Cool , i hope they can catch up with honda and yamaha , i might go to assen moto GP and /or World superbike with the new dutch rider michael vd mark

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
Very cool. I'll be at COTA in April and will see it in action!

You are going to love COTA. I went the first two years to MotoGP. I met some guy named Rossi in the pits after Laguna Seca. He always parked his motor home next to Colin Edwards. Have fun.

Attachments

• 5972294217_d0f0eeeb99_b.jpg
    5972294217_d0f0eeeb99_b.jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 75

WDB

Feb 15, 2012
Schwantz.jpg

I went to all of the 500GP races at Laguna Seca back in the 80's and 90's, If I could get around better I would love to go see a MotoGP race in person, too bad they don't race at Laguna anymore.

slowGEEZR

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
You are going to love COTA. I went the first two years to MotoGP. I met some guy named Rossi in the pits after Laguna Seca. He always parked his motor home next to Colin Edwards. Have fun.

Very cool. That he's racing at his level at 36 is amazing. Like you, I haven't missed going to a MotoGP at COTA, yet.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Great bikes , some very fast . I use to race bikes and cars. What I loved about them the most was the sound . They have a machine type sound like no other it just sounds so mechanical to me.
Be careful but enjoy
Al

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Last edited:

slowGEEZR

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
Ha ha, didn't they come in second? What other advantages did they have over the other bikes besides tire choice? I thought surely they were going to win it since they had the ability to pass on the long straight, it seemed with impunity.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Well a lot of drivers had complaints about the cornering of the former desmocedici , they ran on soft and hard tires during qualifing and were nested well between and above the japanese bikes with both riders, so it seems the GP 15 bike has improved a lot with the new technical director.
The wins will come if they have toppracepace, second and third is great , rossi is probably a slightly better rider

Last edited:

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
Ha ha, didn't they come in second? What other advantages did they have over the other bikes besides tire choice? I thought surely they were going to win it since they had the ability to pass on the long straight, it seemed with impunity.

I want to see more competition up front? They don't get the extra fuel anymore, and ran the same amount as the others did all weekend which makes that particular point a non issue. Dovizioso passed Rossi in the corners also. He used his tires up chasing Rossi after the pass made on him. Rossi was determined to win.

slowGEEZR

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
I want to see more competition up front? They don't get the extra fuel anymore, and ran the same amount as the others did all weekend which makes that particular point a non issue. Dovizioso passed Rossi in the corners also. He used his tires up chasing Rossi after the pass made on him. Rossi was determined to win.

I agree. I'm glad that finally it may not be just a Honda and Yamaha show. I'm very happy Rossi won, as I've been a fan for years.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing