Ducati

hvbias

Jun 22, 2012
New England area
I used to own an 888, thing was a death machine :) I wanted to keep it as a collectors piece, but knew there was no way I could own it and not ride it.

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
I used to own an 888, thing was a death machine :) I wanted to keep it as a collectors piece, but knew there was no way I could own it and not ride it.

Completely understand. I used to ride a YZ400 open-class motocross bike and got rid of it when I figured out I would most likely die on it. But, oh, what fun..... The Ducatis are the same thing on the street!

Lee

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
The 1198 that I rode was so damn uncomfortable. Nothing like the CBR1000rr or R1. The Diavel was much better.

Last edited:

scouter

Member Sponsor
Oct 30, 2012
Wrightsville Beach, NC
I had the Streetfighter S for 2 years, and sold it after I got battered by bugs one too many times. Bug free climates are great for this bike, but little to no fairing is not good here in the the buggy south. The S version is nice in that it has the ability to set traction and engine control to keep the bike under more control. It is worth the extra $ in just keeping you safe. You can pin the throttle mid turn with the engine dialed back, and keep the rear tire on pavement. Dial in less intervention as experience grows with the bike. With this bike, don't pin the throttle unless you like riding on 1 wheel for a while. Have fun and be safe if you get it. Actually, impossible to not have fun with the bike, so let's just shorten that to be safe.:D

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Thanks for the info , no not to many bugs overhere , the salesperson also commented its not a comfy ride at slower speeds say until 60 km /h city traffic , above 130 its getting nice he said , as i dont want to spend all my $$ on speeedingticktets i dont know , i am gonna drive the 848 sf and a hypermotard as well , the 1098 s might be a bit to much
But i am sure its a thrill ride, and i definetively will take it easy with the bike in the beginning

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I think I would take this bike over a Ducati... MV Agusta F4, 195 Hp.

Attachments

• _TI85889-L.jpg
    _TI85889-L.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 194
  • _TI85880-L.jpg
    _TI85880-L.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 274

scouter

Member Sponsor
Oct 30, 2012
Wrightsville Beach, NC
Thanks for the info , no not to many bugs overhere , the salesperson also commented its not a comfy ride at slower speeds say until 60 km /h city traffic , above 130 its getting nice he said , as i dont want to spend all my $$ on speeedingticktets i dont know , i am gonna drive the 848 sf and a hypermotard as well , the 1098 s might be a bit to much
But i am sure its a thrill ride, and i definetively will take it easy with the bike in the beginning
I think the 848 may be the sweet ride of the Ducati line- light enough to play and just the right amount of power to have fun. I also had a 1198 S, and while lots of fun and VERY fast, seat was super HOT from the exhaust, and wrists get really tired from the 1198 seating position. Nothing like the sound of an italian twin though. No way to go wrong with any of the Ducatis- everyone should own one sometime in their life- Ferrari on 2 wheels!

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I have a friend here that loves BMWs for travel, but uses a Ducati for street driving, narrower and great handling.

slowGEEZR

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
I owned a Ducati 998 and tracked it for two seasons. Great track bike, not so great on the street, as it tended to overheat in stop and go and at speeds lower than 70mph. That being said, there's a special feeling when exiting a big sweeper, say turn nine at Nelson Ledges, under full power on a Duc! :D I currently use a BMW GS12 for the street.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Well it was a tough choice :D, i could choose for either" high end cables" or the DUC , i went for the DUC without doubt :p , i ll be picking it up in march though , it ll be in winterstall at the dealer till that time.
Only thing about it is the bentover seating position but i can get used to that i reckon , besides that gorgious bike with termignioni exhaust, its the S version, a lot of torque in low revs

sf1100s-2 by andromeda61, on Flickr

Last edited:

scouter

Member Sponsor
Oct 30, 2012
Wrightsville Beach, NC
Wise choice- exactly like my old one but yours has the better exhaust, and probably tweaked for a little better performance. Congrats!! Seating position isn't nearly as bad as the 1198 - pretty comfortable for a performance bike. Hope you know someone who can get you out of tickets!

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Thanks, yes it has the sport airfilter and ECU , there are some people overhere that put slightly higher handlebars on , the new 848 SF has the steer 25 mm higher , maybe i ll do that later , i didnt ride the SF 848 demo it was sold.
The rizoma mirrors go of as well, to small and misplaced for me , they ll put the original on, plus some new termi stickers on the exhaust, as the previous owner took them off

Last edited:

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
My friend says that mirrors look nice but hard to use them, function did not follow design I guess....

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing