What's The Best Projector For 3D?

rsbeck

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010

rsbeck

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Just use the same sales technique you used to sell her on your speakers. :)

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Well, the first thing to note is that the polarization causes 50% of the light to be lost putting aside other smaller light losses. This is why the price jumps all of a sudden because you need a much brighter light source and that generates heat, needs more cooling, bigger box, etc.

Second one, and something not talked about much, is that the polarization glasses cause color shifts. Standard calibration directly off the screen without glasses would not take this into account. This was quite visible when I saw Avatar in 3-D in theater where there is a pronounced green hue.

rsbeck

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I doubt I will be buying a 3D projector, but I will be curious to see it shakes out for those who are interested.

cal87

Jun 14, 2010
Tracy, CA
Nothing much out there now except for the "heavy metal" units. There are some cheap gaming projectors out there - primarily designed for PC hookup.
CEDIA should bring out a whole lot of new options.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing