Cable Freaks: My Review of the Furutech Flux Series IC, SC, PC

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Review: The Furutech Flux Series: Interconnect, Speaker cable, Power cords:D

http://www.avrev.com/home-theater-accessories/av-cables/the-furutech-flux-series-cables-review.html

-LineFlux RCA interconnect: $2600 per 1 meter pair
-Speaker Flux speaker cable: $3600 per 8 foot pair
-PowerFlux power cord: $1800 per 2 meter length

Reactions: SCAudiophile

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Hi Andre, thanks for another excellent review. If I wasn't so enamored of the Nordost cables, the Furutech's would be on my short list. Of the three cables ( speaker, ic and power) do you have any opinion as to which contributed the most?

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Hi Andre, thanks for another excellent review. If I wasn't so enamored of the Nordost cables, the Furutech's would be on my short list. Of the three cables ( speaker, ic and power) do you have any opinion as to which contributed the most?

according to the review, the power cords made the biggest improvement.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com

DaveyF, thanks for reading. The power cords I felt made the biggest differences.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Interesting that the power cords made the biggest difference. I have heard this effect on several occasions with other cables...the Nordost demo at Newport comes to mind. IMO, this is a little counter intuitive as one would think the ic or the speaker cable would be more of a factor as they are carrying the audio signal.( Or with vinyl, the phono cable and the arm wiring should be the most crucial). Lose info there and it's never going to be reproduced at the end of the chain. However,the power cord seems to be the MOST important cable in the whole system...:confused:

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Interesting that the power cords made the biggest difference. I have heard this effect on several occasions with other cables...the Nordost demo at Newport comes to mind. IMO, this is a little counter intuitive as one would think the ic or the speaker cable would be more of a factor as they are carrying the audio signal.( Or with vinyl, the phono cable and the arm wiring should be the most crucial). Lose info there and it's never going to be reproduced at the end of the chain. However,the power cord seems to be the MOST important cable in the whole system...:confused:

Yes, very interesting the power cords made the biggest differences..on EVERY component.

Here are my theories...when you get to a certain level of interconnect or speaker cable, with superb metallurgy, SOTA connectors and construction,
the cables in this lofty circle will sound more alike then different.

I have been told by more than few electronics designers that "the power is the sound". So everything begins at the power supply in essence, is
what they meant. Do the best you can, and you make it easier downstream to get it right.

The PowerFlux cables were the best I have tried in my home. Of course, at $1800 each, they are for the lucky few. :D

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Yes, very interesting the power cords made the biggest differences..on EVERY component.

Here are my theories...when you get to a certain level of interconnect or speaker cable, with superb metallurgy, SOTA connectors and construction,
the cables in this lofty circle will sound more alike then different.

I have been told by more than few electronics designers that "the power is the sound". So everything begins at the power supply in essence, is
what they meant. Do the best you can, and you make it easier downstream to get it right.

The PowerFlux cables were the best I have tried in my home. Of course, at $1800 each, they are for the lucky few. :D

That's an interesting point. The designer's are making sense. However, it would assume that the ic and speaker cable are of sufficient quality to let the sound of the pc
shine through. If that's not the case, seems to argue for the best ic and speaker cable first and then the pc, vs the other way around. Oddly, the PowerFlux cables seem to be
priced middle of the road for the ic and speaker cables and high for the pc, IMO. :confused:

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
That's an interesting point. The designer's are making sense. However, it would assume that the ic and speaker cable are of sufficient quality to let the sound of the pc
shine through. If that's not the case, seems to argue for the best ic and speaker cable first and then the pc, vs the other way around. Oddly, the PowerFlux cables seem to be
priced middle of the road for the ic and speaker cables and high for the pc, IMO. :confused:

Well, there is certainly more than one way to skin a cat! But one can insure commensurate quality of power cord and signal cables
I guess by using a single brand and line all the way through, for instance, wiring up with Nordost Valhalla or equal through out the system.

Yes, it is interesting the PC is priced in the middle of the signal cables.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing