Boston, MA

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
$90.00 per lb...wow. It had better be good. For me, nothing beats Costa Rican Shade grown arabica.

Costa Rican is one of my favorite coffees. What is your source for beans?

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..

mep

Apr 20, 2010

Gavin-I'm no fan of flavored beans or flavored beers. I also stay away from blends for the most part as I like beans that come from the same place (Kenya, Ethiopia, Costa Rican, Colombian, etc) vice someone's idea of beans from different places mixed together. The one exception I make every year with regards to blends is the Starbucks Christmas blend.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
My opinion of flavored coffee is that they reduce the quality of the bean...making costs cheaper and make it taste better with flavoring. I could be wrong, but I find it hard to believe that the best beans would be offered for sale flavored.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
My opinion of flavored coffee is that they reduce the quality of the bean...making costs cheaper and make it taste better with flavoring. I could be wrong, but I find it hard to believe that the best beans would be offered for sale flavored.

I always thought that flavored coffee was for people who don't really like coffee. Ditto for people who load their coffee with cream and sugar. I just like my coffee black.

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
... unless one is flavoring one's coffee with 2 parts vodka, 1 part creme de cacao and a splash of milk:D

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Gavin-I'm no fan of flavored beans or flavored beers. I also stay away from blends for the most part as I like beans that come from the same place (Kenya, Ethiopia, Costa Rican, Colombian, etc) vice someone's idea of beans from different places mixed together. The one exception I make every year with regards to blends is the Starbucks Christmas blend.

Then look around the site at all the non-flavored beans. We don't buy the flavored from there just the real thing. You'll find just what you're looking for Mark trust me..

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
$90/lb? You've got to be kidding me. Is there a requirement to drink it out of special uber-expensive cups or mugs too?

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing