TechDAS Air Force 2

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I've started packing for my trip to Tokyo. It won't be long until we get a first look and listen. :D

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
and I thought I would see a pic when I clicked on this thread. You are a Tease Jack ! :)

Gotcha!!!!!!!!!! :D

They are being super tight lipped but they did let out that it will have vacuum hold down, the air bearing, and multiple platter options. I expect it to be compact and not use so much aluminum to help them bring the cost down. We shall see...........

New TechDAS cartridge too. I fully intend on bringing one home with me. Cart Hoarder that I am. LOL!

hvbias

Jun 22, 2012
New England area
Great news, I too was hoping to see a picture :D

Jack please let us know if it will have an option for the peripheral mounted second armboard

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Will do HV. If it follows Nishikawa-San's usual design language, it should be a lock.

I'm also looking forward to checking out Ocean Way's system again. I wonder if Allen will be in Tokyo himself.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Will do HV. If it follows Nishikawa-San's usual design language, it should be a lock.

I'm also looking forward to checking out Ocean Way's system again. I wonder if Allen will be in Tokyo himself.

Here you go Jack... (pardon the slight thread drift)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Dust Cover Disk Prototype on AFO.jpg
Here you go Christian.

Gary, I bummed you weren't able to come. :(

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Thanks Jack. I was talking to Bob yesterday regarding the TechDAS record weight/puck. He seems to think that was meant for those who decided not to go with the vacuum hold down option. I tend to agree with his thinking. I don't feel any more damping/clamping is needed for vacuum hold down tables.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Gary, I bummed you weren't able to come. :(

I am *EXTREMELY* bummed that I wasn't able to be there - visa problems :(

Say "Hi" to Nishikawa for me. I think that he might not be demo-ing with Genesis because I'm not there to set them up and Allen Sides is there for OceanWay :mad:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
:mad: indeed!

I will say hello for sure. I've had so much Uni and Chu Toro my kidneys are screaming :D

I love this City. Japan has opened up their Visa system and now give 3 year multiple entry visas to even non-investors. Wish you was here man!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Thanks Jack. I was talking to Bob yesterday regarding the TechDAS record weight/puck. He seems to think that was meant for those who decided not to go with the vacuum hold down option. I tend to agree with his thinking. I don't feel any more damping/clamping is needed for vacuum hold down tables.

That's my thinking as well. I wonder who would actually buy an AFO and NOT get the vacuum hold down upper platter. Seems an awful waste of resources to have the silent air system in place and not use it to the fullest.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
:mad: indeed!

I will say hello for sure. I've had so much Uni and Chu Toro my kidneys are screaming :D

I love this City. Japan has opened up their Visa system and now give 3 year multiple entry visas to even non-investors. Wish you was here man!

Problem is that if I leave the US now, I might not be able to come back. Then, I'll have to make my speakers in China! It's a real bummer.

If Nishikawa-san offers you teppan-yaki or sushi, take the sushi. I still remember this from my last visit to him. Do me a favor, bring a GPS and get the address.

Awesome Sashimi.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing