Joshua Bell, Huberman and his violin, Brahms, the origins of the Israeli Philharmonic

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Wow. I hope you won't mind if I post this elsewhere Marty. This needs to be shared.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Sublime! thanks.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Yes, me too.

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Marty, thank you so much for this post and the video. What a wonderful story. I was able to hear Joshua Bell last year in London playing in a solo recital, no doubt with the Gibson ex-Huberman Strad, accompanied by his favorite pianist, Jeremy Denk. Bell may be the best violinist in the world. He is not flashy, but has a real soul. He played a French program, including the great Franck sonata. Bell is also the music director of the Academy of St. Martin's in the Field.

Larry

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Josh Bell is featured in the opening episode of "Mozart in the Jungle" on Amazon Prime TV. Fabulous TV series that should interest anyone who likes classical music. Lots of cameos by folks like Gustavo Dudamel, on whom the series is supposedly loosely based.

brudge

Jul 13, 2021
I like tASMIN lITTLE.But it does not matter, it is all down the drain..

Last edited:

brudge

Jul 13, 2021
So much for God when the bird died in my hands gasping for breath. Nothing compares to you, my friend.

brudge

Jul 13, 2021
When I was young I did not care. Now I do. Oh yeas I do, like nothing else matters.

brudge

Jul 13, 2021
I wish I was like Jesus, that I could give that bird a chance. But what I did was not good enough.
Well I did as good as I could at the time.. If thats true - thats pretty awsome I say. Yeah! pretty awesome...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing