Sony's new full-frame cameras with compatibility of Canon, Nikon, etc. lenses!

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
novoflex adapter and a 5year old summicron it has some usermarks but looks fine Always used with a uv filter lens protection they have a different look and the summi seems maybe more sharp when i crop it to maximum but its a close call and to premature to be fact imo , i took some quick shots at F 5,6 1/125 and iso 400 albeit a bit underexposed no artificial light i make some more comparisons later with more pics .
Focuspeaking works fine , although it seems you need a bit faster shutterspeed on the leica , maybe the sony zeiss has some sort of stabilisation

summicron f 2 50 mm by andromeda61, on Flickr

sony zeiss

400 % crop zeiss by andromeda61, on Flickr

sony leica

400 % crop leica by andromeda61, on Flickr

Last edited:

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Leica makes mirror less , the leica M(262) is a great little full frame camera as well, or leica Q (fixed lens )

Last edited:

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Thanks , its a special product , old skool manual focussing is nice as well , it has a rich tone colour i was thinking the same.

reading more about the organ its the christian muller organ , mozart played it when he was 10 in 1766 , so as handel , 5068 pipes , 30 meters high, tallest pipe about 10 meters

Last edited:

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Looks like your Leica is a perfect match to the Sony sensor!

david

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Yeah quite surprised by the result , especially considering the sony zeiss was developed for the A 7 series , good tip from Mike lavigne

Mark (Basspig) Weiss

Aug 3, 2010
New Milford, CT
www.basspig.com
Some shots with the leica lens , this is of a painting and the church in haarlem the organ , but you need a wide angle lens for that , 25 mm or something

wild schilderij haarlem by andromeda61, on Flickr

orgel 2 haarlem by andromeda61, on Flickr

kerk haarlem orgel by andromeda61, on Flickr

I have Michiel Posts Organ Toolkit, which contains samples from this Bavokerk organ, among others. I use them on my Kurzweil K2600RS to make performances of orchestral works, such as this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9r9G0CS0BM

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
When all this horrible virus stuff is over i think im gonna buy some of the leica zoom lenses for wildlife photography.
No modern autofocus and whatever but razorsharp and timeless designs .

Last edited:
Reactions: Folsom

accwai

Jul 26, 2012
When all this horrible virus stuff is over i think im gonna buy some of the leica zoom lenses for wildlife photography.
No modern autofocus and whatever but razorsharp and timeless designs.

No autofocus *and* wildlife... Like this?

Or this?

This from a 400/2.8 for real? Have it on pretty good authority that 1400mm won't be able to fill an APS-C frame completely:

Last edited:

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Its with teleconverters of course .
2x and 1.4 afaik.and a bit cropped after .
Its in the video description on you tube.
Still extremely sharp.
Leica also has a 560 -800 mm for this modular system.
They also had a one off 1600 mm made for a sheik , over a 1 mIllion $$.

This system one can buy only second hand, its no longer in the productline

Last edited:
Reactions: beaur

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing