Greetings From Shunyata Research

GrantS

Industry Expert
Oct 23, 2013
Hello Everyone,

My name is Grant Samuelsen. I am the Marketing and Sales Manager for Shunyata Research. We design and manufacture electrical and signal distribution systems for professional and high-performance audio. We also provide consulting services for a number of studios and mastering facilities. Former military scientist, Caelin Gabriel, Shunyata's founder and CEO, started the company in 1998 and I joined him in 2000. Caelin has applied his talents and accomplishments as a research scientist to his love of music and reproduced sound.

Although I have been aware of the What's Best Forum and have visited on occasion, my meeting with Steve Williams at RMAF and his kind invitation to join the forum prompted us to become members and join the many fine manufacturers who maintain a forum here.

Our goal in terms of participation is to provide straightforward information to support those with general or technical questions regarding electrical and signal distribution systems, and why they are important. For those with personal or private system questions, we'd prefer to hear from them through our customer service or e-mail contacts, but any information we have that could help the community understand more about electrical/signal systems in general, or our own point of view in design, we'd be happy to share here-- time permitting.

Our company is based just outside of Seattle, Washington, where the products are designed, measured, produced and shipped. There is a wealth of information about us on our web-site, so I wont go into more detail here.

Due to our work and travel schedules, we cannot promise immediate responses to all questions, but we will certainly do our best. For those with more urgent schedules and questions, always feel free to contact us directly.

Caelin and I look forward to being a part of what looks to be a very well run forum. We enjoy participating within a community where we can all learn something and share ideas based on a common passion and interest.

Best regards,

Grant Samuelsen
Shunyata Research

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Let me extend a warm welcome to you Grant. Your company's products are often talked about here and it is wonderful to have the company represent its views on them.

And did you say you are local to me? Shame on me for not knowing that before :).

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Welcome Grant!

We have a mutual friend in David Solomon. And I'm quite a fan of the Shunyata ac cords. Redoing my system with them.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Nice to see you in this neck of the woods Grant!

Speedskater

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland Ohio
Hi Grant,

Three years ago, Caelin Gabriel wrote a very nice chapter for a book "The Golden Ear's Guide to Audio System Setup and Evaluation" published by 'the absolute sound'.
Is there anyway that you could post his chapter on your site?

Technical Background: AC Power
'AC Power and Sound Relationships'

GrantS

Industry Expert
Oct 23, 2013
Hi Grant,

Three years ago, Caelin Gabriel wrote a very nice chapter for a book "The Golden Ear's Guide to Audio System Setup and Evaluation" published by 'the absolute sound'.
Is there anyway that you could post his chapter on your site?

Technical Background: AC Power
'AC Power and Sound Relationships'

Hello,

Yes, that information is linked under the technical button on our web-site. The two articles are called --System Concepts and --System Optimization. Here are the links:

http://www.shunyata.com/Content/products-FAQ_Concepts.html and
http://www.shunyata.com/Content/products-FAQ_Optimization.html

Regards,

Grant

Speedskater

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland Ohio
Found the links, I guess that you had to know just what you are looking for.
p.s. I hate white on black pages.

Thanks for the direct links.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Hi Grant, welcome....glad you will contribute here!

Mobiusman

May 24, 2010
Jersey Shore- waterside
Welcome Grant,

I am happy to report that my experiences with Shunyata, especially Caelin, Grant and Richard have been consistently informative, consumer centric and a genuine pleasure. I feel that your future contributions to this forum will help add fact, insight, integrity and enjoyment to being a member to this forum. I want to re-extend my offer to stop by when on the East Coast to hear how your products help a lower end high end system improve and if during the warm months a boat trip and some good barbecue.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing