Kuzma Stabi M

Calle_jr

May 24, 2015
Sweden
www.euphonia-audioforum.se
Calle, no way does he bypass his distributor.
I understand that, but if his distributor is limiting his business, he should change distributor.
I'm really allergic to those middle hands just adding misunderstanding, lies, delays and cost.
If you have a question, they either lie to you or forward the question to the maker, adding only delays and confusion.

You can easily visit any Highend On Tour event in Europe (mostly Germany, Switzerland or Belgium) to audition the Stabi M + 4Point. Next event is 2-3 Dec in Bochum.
I really don't think you will be much wiser from such an audition, but I understand you.
Both Stabi M and 4Point are such fine instruments that what is really needed is a lecture rather than an audition. Everything (almost) is clear from the manual, but to see it done by someone who knows the equipment is worth a lot.

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
Did you hear it with the same cart (anna) or his SPU?

His speakers won't be better than yours. If you want to scale down then fine. Did you also get his power supply, you should

His cart was the Ortofon SPU90. We didn’t changed the carts. Yes he did bring his own PSU for the TT. A prototype. It did run at less than 200volt, 160 or 190 I can’t remember. He said with this voltage I should put some lights off for checking the stroboscope because of weak brightness.
I never heard his speakers and there is few or no reviews on the net (except in german language). So curious of opinions here but don’t want to hijack this thread.
I thought maybe the BACH12d could compete with my Analysis because of synergy in a whole Swissonor system. Also in a few months my girlfriend could come to live with me and so I have to make room in hmmm... «*the room*».
Maybe I’d like to try little triode amps with sensitive speakers . There are choices between Devore’s Orangutans, Swissonor and some others.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
His cart was the Ortofon SPU90. We didn’t changed the carts. Yes he did bring his own PSU for the TT. A prototype. It did run at less than 200volt, 160 or 190 I can’t remember. He said with this voltage I should put some lights off for checking the stroboscope because of weak brightness.
I never heard his speakers and there is few or no reviews on the net (except in german language). So curious of opinions here but don’t want to hijack this thread.
I thought maybe the BACH12d could compete with my Analysis because of synergy in a whole Swissonor system. Also in a few months my girlfriend could come to live with me and so I have to make room in hmmm... «*the room*».
Maybe I’d like to try little triode amps with sensitive speakers . There are choices between Devore’s Orangutans, Swissonor and some others.

I have heard the speakers, they don't compete, unless you want to scale down. The undetailed whole you said on your post comes from the SPU. At hanze hifi with the same table you will get a much more detailed whole with their EMT carts. I have also heard this with zyx, excellent.

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
I have heard the speakers, they don't compete, unless you want to scale down. The undetailed whole you said on your post comes from the SPU. At hanze hifi with the same table you will get a much more detailed whole with their EMT carts. I have also heard this with zyx, excellent.

My MC Anna is 2 months old. So I think I will keep it. I will have to choose a good headshell. I saw the Acoustical system is able to tune azimuth and SRA directly on it, but don’t know how it sounds.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Calle, do you genuinely feel the Stabi M holds its head up proudly in the company of such heavyweight rivals like SME 30, TW Black Knight, Brinkmann Balance, even the DD Monaco 1.5?
I ask because home demo will be hard to achieve, comparison demos impossible.
And any move to the Stabi M has to be my last, very last, analog purchase, and not leave me pining for anything better.
I’m looking for tonal density, but not at the expense of transparency or agility, and neutrality ie ability to tonally discriminate between recordings, but not at the expense of verve and involvement, even w poorer recordings.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Official, Stabi M not on demo in UK, XL is.
That’s pretty much a lost sale.
I don’t want the fuss of seperate arm pods and motors, the inconvenient uber high mass, and most importantly, the extra £5-7k needed.
Stabi M fits the bill for me.
I’ll revisit when my funds for purchase are in.

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
I am very happy with my Stabi M purchase for sure. Especially with the 4 point arm. I did not go for the 14" arm. I also like how it is and do not like the seperate pods and motors etc. Even the lid is a big win for me! There is nothing wrong with this table and I think it will not be a bottleneck in any high end system.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Kodomo, I hear nothing but good things about the Stabi M.
But there is no official demonstrator example in the UK.
I’ve been invited to Slovenia to hear it instead. I’m really not sure I’m going to go the extra mile, unless by cutting out UK distribr, I get a factory direct deal.
Put it this way, the UK guy is doing precisely zero to help me.
Not my problem.

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
I had the opposite experience with my Turkish rep. They were very helpful in answering all my questions. I also had a very good deal and it was nice to have the unit setup by the factory as I had an all Kuzma deal. The table and the arm are very transparent which means (for me), they do all the things right. There is not much of a sound signature to them. They check all the boxes for me. The whole frequency extensions, soundstage, separation, correct transient response etc. without romanticising or seeming analytical. It just sounds right. The sound signature (if you are after any) will be mostly from your cartridge and preamp or if you have any coloured devices in your analog front end. If you are after a deck and arm that is neutral (in a very positive way) and is durable and strong, this might be it. Stabi XL like you, is not for me. I am very happy they have the Stabi M in their line-up and believe this is my last deck and arm.

I think the only change I am going to make in the future is the Kuzma Car40 cartridge. It is very good, but this table and arm can accommodate much better. I chose the Car 40 over Kiseki Purple Heart and Rega Apheta (I still have the apheta on my second deck which is a rega p7 with rega rb700 arm). The shipping crates and the boxes were the best I have seen. I will hope to visit Slovenia when they have the next analog academy.

ps. I also wonder how the ch precision p1 and x1 would be with this setup! or a Van Den Hul Grail SB or a Zanden model 120 (three contenders for my last phono preamp with descending cost)

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Hey, great news Kodomo.
I just can’t get my head around the UK distribr having a £5-7k more expensive model, but not this one, esp w the stellar R Gregory review.
No way is the XL likely to get more sales than the Stabi M.
I’m a philosophical chap, it gives me a good reason not to spend £15k LOL.

Calle_jr

May 24, 2015
Sweden
any move to the Stabi M has to be my last, very last, analog purchase, and not leave me pining for anything better.
I can't find any negative thing to say about M. Teamed with the 4Point, it's the ultimate transcrition machine for the home.

I agree with kodomo regarding the cartridge.

Reactions: cuntigh

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
I can't find any negative thing to say about M. Teamed with the 4Point, it's the ultimate transcrition machine for the home.

I agree with kodomo regarding the cartridge.

Hey Calle-jr, what preamp and cartridge are you using with the stabi m and 4point?

Calle_jr

May 24, 2015
Sweden
Hey Calle-jr, what preamp and cartridge are you using with the stabi m and 4point?
Hi,
I'm using Lyra Atlas with Lyra Erodion and Audionote M5 Phono.

I had Lyra Kleos when I got the M, and I had Kleos before that with Stabi Ref + 4Point. I was impressed by M already at that time.
I didn't really expect too much of a change with Atlas, but was again surprised and impressed to find what can be retrieved further from the grooves. It is mysterious really.

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
Does anyone use the ebony clamp with their Stabi M?

I have the outer ring for warped records, so I am looking more for resonance control. I have the standart screw on type that came with the tt, but I do not find it practical...

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
I use the standard screw clamp with the red shim underneath, and the outer ring on all records these days. I find this provides the best sound, or that I believe I can hear a small difference between using and not using the outer ring. I suppose it doesn't matter why you think the screw clamp is not practical, but I don't have any issue with it. What's the ebony clamp you're referring to?

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
I emailed Franc, and as he has a habit of doing, he replied in 3 minutes. I suspected he'd refrain from commenting on the sonic differences, as I read in another thread that he didn't want to do so in regards to the tonearm cable options for the 4-point. And this is all he would say:

Hi,

I personally use ebony clamp and outer ring clamp as best option. But I can not comment you specific differences because they can be misunderstood.

Rgs

Franc Kuzma

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
My dealer is sending me one to try no strings attached early next month. I will write what I think about it. My tonearm cable is cardas clear as the rest of my interconnects. I want to keep one type.

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
Let me know what you think. Incidentally, Franc says not to use the red spindle washers under the record with the ebony clamp.

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
Hello everybody
I need an advice. I’m on the way for buying a new tt. At this time I have a fully BN upgraded TW Raven AC (BN platter, battry PSU and the 3 motors in a round shape).
The choice will be to either go to the BN (the seller give me good money for my Raven in this case) and in the future I can easily install another tonearm fr a mono cart, or go to the Stabi M wth 4 points 11’’.
My listening preferences are clearly to classical music.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing