Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Kuzma Stabi M

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!

Kuzma Stabi M

Does anyone here own the Kuzma Stabi M? I was so enamored with it at RMAF, that I can't stop thinking about buying one. I know I don't need it, my Scout sounds very good, but boy, do I want it!
    Name:  3.2.3.02.-stabi-m-closed-L.jpg
Views: 2597
Size:  69.8 KB
    Regards,
    Steve

Member Sponsor Senior Member Marcus's Avatar
    I don't own Stabi M (I own XL4) but have heard it many, many times at Franc's place. This is a great turntable. You can't go wrong with it. With the 4point and Benz LP-S, it' a magical combination - extremely revealing and direct yet so musical. One day we compared it to the Studer A80 and guess what. The diference was NOT that great! In fact, on some material we even prefered the LP...
    Last edited by Marcus; 10-21-2013 at 05:22 AM.

One of my customers who purchased an XL4 along with an Air Line and a 4Point seems intrigued with the Stabi M and could wind up using either the 4Point on it or perhaps purchasing another 4Point. Yes, the Stabi M is a beast, a very refined one at that.
    Brian Walsh
    Analog Expert / Showroom Manager
    musicdirect

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Thank so much for your replies. It's going to be a stretch, but I think I'm going for it!
    Regards,
    Steve

4Point must be demounted, and Stabi Ref lifted away and so I could turn the rack 90 degrees;

If changes in sound are very small then they are not important.

Stabi What?
    Stabi Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

This is not a turntable. This is a transcription machine. Kuzma Stabi M reads the DNA of the vinyl and tells you what was really going on in the control room. At least it seems so. Franc Kuzma is either a genius or has a lot of luck. It took him a long time, but this must be his legacy.
    The structure is suspended, but extremely inert and heavy. And it has a dc motor.

The outer frame and sub-chassis is assembled from the factory.
    The outer frame has three feet and the two in fron are adjustable, to make also the outer frame in level.
    There are four decoupling towers in the outer frame, of which three are positioned above the feet. The sub-chassis is assembled on these towers.
    Detailed levelling is made on the four knobs on the upper surface of the sub-chassis (like for Stabi Ref).
    The decoupling is heavy and inert, but should be classified as suspended. I need to press with both hands to even see it move.

When the protecting knob is removed, I see the shaft for inverted bearing with the ruby ball in a cup
    8-10 drops of bearing oil on the ruby tip and the rest on the shaft. Excessive oil drains to the reservoir (scrotum) in the bottom. So, no risk for overdose;

I remember some teacher saying diamond was the only thing that could etch ruby, and I'm not going to put my diamonds in that cup.

Addicted to Best!
    Great choice of turntable. I own a Kuzma ref 2 and if I upgrade it would be to the Stabi M. Such a natural sounding beast with exceptional engineering. Totally free from grain and just sounds real.

Member Sponsor Senior Member Marcus's Avatar
    Congrats Calle.
    Source: Kuzma XL DC, Kuzma 4Point 14 inch, Benz Micro LP-S MR; Phono: Zanden 1200 Mk3; Tuner: Magnum Dynalab MD-108T Signature; Line Stage: conrad-johnson GAT S2; Power amp: conrad-johnson ART; Speakers: Avalon Time; Grounding: Tripoint Troy Signature & Thor SE; Interconnects: Cardas Clear Beyond & Clear Rev1; Speaker cables: Cardas Clear Beyond; Power cords: Cardas Clear Beyond; Stands: Finite Elemente Master Reference & Master Reference Heavy Duty;Acoustics treatment: Svanå Miljöteknik (SMT);

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast