New book: Passion for Vinyl

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
This book is set to be released on November 25, 2013. It looks like a very interesting read and I'll be ordering a copy as soon as Amazon lists it for preorder. Heck, I may even ask my cousin to pick it up for me in Utrecht, The Netherlands, where it's being officially released.

Michael Fremer was written the Foreword for this, which I suppose will give the book some immediate credibility. It also comes with a 7" single.

slide1.jpg

Passion for Vinyl

Be sure to download the PDF....

Reactions: PhonoDac2704

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
This book is set to be released on November 25, 2013. It looks like a very interesting read and I'll be ordering a copy as soon as Amazon lists it for preorder. Heck, I may even ask my cousin to pick it up for me in Utrecht, The Netherlands, where it's being officially released.

Michael Fremer was written the Foreword for this, which I suppose will give the book some immediate credibility. It also comes with a 7" single.

View attachment 12263

Passion for Vinyl

Be sure to download the PDF....
Looks like it goes on the list for Santa Claus (even though I'm jewish). :)

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Looks like it goes on the list for Santa Claus (even though I'm jewish). :)
Santa doesn't discriminate! Have at it my friend!;)

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
Santa doesn't discriminate! Have at it my friend!;)

I posted in that thread over on Hoffman to find out if the book will be available via Amazon in the States; apparently, it is on Amazon UK for pre-order, and knowing the penchant for vinylistas to prefer UK pressings, I was wondering....

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I posted in that thread over on Hoffman to find out if the book will be available via Amazon in the States; apparently, it is on Amazon UK for pre-order, and knowing the penchant for vinylistas to prefer UK pressings, I was wondering....

I just sent an email to my cousin in Holland to see if he can get it for me. At this point I'm not sure if this book will even get N.A. or worldwide distribution.

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
I just sent an email to my cousin in Holland to see if he can get it for me. At this point I'm not sure if this book will even get N.A. or worldwide distribution.

probably cheaper to pre-order on amazon, maybe not. shipping is often the killer but the amazon pre-order is discounted.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Did 6o7 know there will be a perfect digital copy available on Kindle?

Last edited:

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
I just pre-ordered it from Amazon UK/EU. Shipping to NY wasn't bad - approximately 7 pounds. Whatever. It looks like a nice book.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing