Pics of the New VPI Tables

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Caesar-Since you were the ghost at RMAF 2013, did you not see versions of VPI's Classic series of tables in what seemed like every other room? The Classic series must be very popular because everybody and their brother were using them to demo with.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Myles, why has it taken VPI such a long time to come out with a higher priced product? Unfortunately, as has been discussed ad nauseum, many people perceive an audio brand not having a higher priced model as mediocre, and not give them true consideration as they would to a company that has products at all price points on the spectrum. So better late than never, I guess.

For exactly that reason. Harry (and Sheila) weren't the type to charge what the market would bear. And although their tables weren't the most expensive, they always delivered a real bang for the buck. In fact, they first released the Traveller, a new entry level table and arm.

I would say that VPI's undeniable success would see to fly in the face of your original contention?

caesar

May 30, 2010
For exactly that reason. Harry (and Sheila) weren't the type to charge what the market would bear. And although their tables weren't the most expensive, they always delivered a real bang for the buck. In fact, they first released the Traveller, a new entry level table and arm.

I would say that VPI's undeniable success would see to fly in the face of your original contention?

I'm not disagreeing with you. However, as my marketeer friends say: Perception is reality.

Of course we will never know how much better their business would have been with some higher priced tables in their catalog, even if they sold a few dozen each year. Bottom line: this is a smart business move.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I'm not disagreeing with you. However, as my marketeer friends say: Perception is reality.

Of course we will never know how much better their business would have been with some higher priced tables in their catalog, even if they sold a few dozen each year. Bottom line: this is a smart business move.

Caeser, it all depends on one's business model and VPI's is/was to operate a balanced business eg. no ups or downs, just a steady output. They're usually back ordered on many items like their RCMs. Plus they, like Linn, have built a very loyal following because of their upgrade policy.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing