Genesis System

BobW

Aug 26, 2014
Yes, there are 4 ps audio P10s in the system and all ARC Reference Series mono blocks and preamp on this Gen1.1 setup

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Yes, there are 4 ps audio P10s in the system and all ARC Reference Series mono blocks and preamp on this Gen1.1 setup

Hi BobW...looks like your first post. Welcome. Have you heard this system? Listening notes please! ;)

BobW

Aug 26, 2014
Hi BobW...looks like your first post. Welcome. Have you heard this system? Listening notes please! ;)

Yes, this is my system. The Genesis speakers are amazing. I would never buy anything else! The system sounds so lifelike that I still can't believe it each time I turn the system on. The soundstage is huge; the instruments hang in space; human voices are so lifelike that it startles my cat sometimes.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Yes, this is my system. The Genesis speakers are amazing. I would never buy anything else! The system sounds so lifelike that I still can't believe it each time I turn the system on. The soundstage is huge; the instruments hang in space; human voices are so lifelike that it startles my cat sometimes.

First of all...congratulations! Second, I have heard the Genesis 1.1s with an all Kondo system and driven by a DCS Scarlatti and Walker Proescenium TT...exceptionally well tuned and setup. I can only imagine what it must be like to fire it up each day.

It simply the sheer size that make them a challenge for many who no doubt equally admire them.

BobW

Aug 26, 2014
Here's a new picture that probably has not seen light of day anywhere else (well - except for the secret Genesis Owner's Group). He asked not to be identified, but it's a new home built somewhere in the Rockies. It's a Genesis 1.1 - from this perspective, the midrange/tweeter wings completely hide the woofer towers.

View attachment 16975

Here is another photo. This one shows the woofer towers.

140710_BW_WIL_020.jpg

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
The room I am building is simaler in shape. About 9 feet high , 19 wide and about 40 or deep . ITs just gutted so far . Wow is the first pic very confusing. With 4 p 10 ,s. I assume they are for amps as well. Do you have them in multi mode ? What a butiful setup beet of luck and your in great hands with genises and Gary .

Al

BobW

Aug 26, 2014
The room I am building is simaler in shape. About 9 feet high , 19 wide and about 40 or deep . ITs just gutted so far . Wow is the first pic very confusing. With 4 p 10 ,s. I assume they are for amps as well. Do you have them in multi mode ? What a butiful setup beet of luck and your in great hands with genises and Gary .

Al

There are a total of 4 PS Audio P10s: 1 for each of the mono blocks, 1 for digital front end, and 1 for analog front end. All are fed by individual circuits with Equi=Tech.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I have few if them as well. I do not use them for te amps though I felt if did not help. I too multiple circuits in same phase and all the rest.
Info feel they help some devices. Video improvement is exceptional
Dacs some
Msb feels better not too. I have tried it both ways and nothing to say.
Really nice layout. And thanks for posting about your stuff.
Gary protein when j am done your invited

A question do your irs have the brass plate on the back with serial number.
??

BobW

Aug 26, 2014
It's pretty amazing how the camera lens changes the perspective in the room.

It is a great looking room.

Can you tell us a little about the room treatment, ceiling and especially wall materials.

Thanks. The walls are Whisper Walls. They were really used mostly create a visually clean looking (but still warm feeling) room. There is actually very minimal treatment behind the acoustically transparent fabric. There is some diffusion material at first reflection points and small amount of absorption in just the corners of the wall behind the listening position. Behind the speakers is just drywall under the fabric.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing