New Doshi 3.0 phono pre

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Bruce, Any updates on the Doshi phono 3.0? How is it sounding and what turntable/arm/cartridge did you end up with?

No comments as of now. I haven't received the TT from the dealer yet.

I'll keep you posted!

kach22i

WBF Founding Member
Apr 21, 2010
Ann Arbor, Michigan
www.kachadoorian.com
You should speak to Larry Marcus at Paragon Sight and Sound in Michigan as he is in charge of that end of things
They are working on my 20 year old McIntosh CD player right now, maybe I can con them into letting me listen to this phono pre.

I've heard the other Doshi equipment, once heard you really do not feel a need to listen to anything else in the other rooms, and just end up in the sweet spot until it's somebody else turn.

Edited for spelling

Last edited:

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
They are working on my 20 year old McIntosh CD player right now, maybe I can con them into letting me listen to this phono pre.

I've hear the other Doshi equipment, once heard you really do not feel a need to listen to anything else in the other rooms, and just end up in the sweet spot until it's somebody else turn.

That's exactly how I felt at RMAF 2013.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Yes.... and maybe trying a Graham later.

you will like the Graham as you will be dead nutz on for VTF and VTA on the fly in seconds for any record thickness because of the bubble level on the pivot tower, plus you can get multiple arm wands ready to go for different carts.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Haven't decided. Probably an Atlas, Koetsu, Goldfinger or something....

If you keep the SME V, the Sumiko Palo Santos could be part of your something - an excellent performer in the SME system. IMHO, it is a very neutral cartridge and it has excellent tracking and low vinyl modulation noise.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Thanks for the suggestions guys..

I know Nick was using the Koetsu at the show and I thought it was outstanding. I've heard the other cartridges in different systems and thought there were all great as well.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Thanks for the suggestions guys..

I know Nick was using the Koetsu at the show and I thought it was outstanding. I've heard the other cartridges in different systems and thought there were all great as well.

The Koetsu Azule that Larry provided in the Paragon room that Nick was in was the bomb.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
The Koetsu Azule that Larry provided in the Paragon room that Nick was in was the bomb.

Nick brought it home with him. Hope to have a sample here for review soon too.

Thf99

Member Sponsor
May 1, 2012
I just started going analogue after 20 years of digital. I acquired the SME 30/2 with the latest Kiseki Blue NS cartridge and this combination is very musical. Next up will be one of the Koetsus.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing