A tale of two service calls

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Just passing on some great service experiences...

1) My Spectral 3000 transport arrived recently, and after 10 years of significant use, the laser's power was measured to be still a very high 95% ! Built for life, for sure. Repair cost, next to nothing, just 3hrs minimum charge plus shipping, new box for free... Still as good as new, and looking so, too.

2) I had sent my Pass XP-25 phono in for check-up, having determined one channel had a little more noise than the other (in fact, I later determined one channel was just a touch louder than the other). Called Pass for an update, and by the mention of the unit alone (not the problem) they knew who I was! This tells me they have very few units returned for repair. Now how rare is that! "Some adjustments were made, and it's coming out of break-in today and will ship tomorrow"

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Nice to know integrity still exists.

I can say from my experience with Pass Labs (I never needed repair) that their service department, especially Kent English, was extremely helpful and patient with questions when I was setting up my XVR1 crossover.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing