Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My (SMT) room

Quote Originally Posted by caesar View Post
    Hi Pierre,
    As with good sex or money, more of these is better than less. 2 will definitely make an outstanding upgrade, as others describe, but 4, 6, 8, .... will improve things even more. And as you add more of these wonders, the sound will approach what was captured by the microphones in the original venue, and that original venue will "diplace" your room.

Also, for what it's worth, the word on the street is that the wooden wings work better than the acrylic ones. But obviously for home aesthetic reasons they are not always an option.

Good Luck
    Caesar, are you using SMT with your MBL's ? If yes, what and where ?
    MBL 101E, Martin Logan Statement E2 SubTowers, Modded Maplenoll Ariadne Signature, SME 3012R,BenzMicro LPS and Ebony TR,Primare 928 and 201,Krell Kps 25sc, MBL9011,Krell700Cx,Ps Audio P500,Ps Audio P300, Straightwire Crescendo 1 and 2. Mogami.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Caesar, are you using SMT with your MBL's ? If yes, what and where ?
    Not yet, but a friend of mine has several. He uses 2 behind each speaker and 2 on each side in first reflection points. It's no wonder why MBL uses this at shows (in the US, not sure about elsewhere) as the effects are very impressive: in audiophile-speak, every audiophile vocabulary term is improved exponentially. The decay of notes is as perfect as I have ever heard. And from an MBL experience point of view, with SMT wings one gets a 3 dimensional sound stage with much better illusion of instruments hanging in space. It's almost like MBL becomes a whole new speaker.

An analogy for the upgrade would be like driving a finely-tuned sportscar through a pot-holed city street vs. driving it on a brand new road / race track.

This is a MUST have upgrade, if you can swing it.
    Last edited by caesar; 08-18-2017 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Adding more hyperbolic language :)

Looks like i need to call Sweden for some Scandinavian prices ! Thank you Caesar.
    MBL 101E, Martin Logan Statement E2 SubTowers, Modded Maplenoll Ariadne Signature, SME 3012R,BenzMicro LPS and Ebony TR,Primare 928 and 201,Krell Kps 25sc, MBL9011,Krell700Cx,Ps Audio P500,Ps Audio P300, Straightwire Crescendo 1 and 2. Mogami.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! flez007's Avatar
    Greeeeeeat speakers! - congrats!
    ​No lies, no surprises

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Looks like i need to call Sweden for some Scandinavian prices ! Thank you Caesar.
    Good Luck with that. SMT is very familiar with MBL - I think they have done dozens of rooms, so they will be make proper recommendations. And, of course, with these things one can go step-wise, as your budget allows.

Yet whatever the final price, considering the value you get for the money, which is an ability to ***melt away your walls and carve out the ambient space of the original recording in your own room*** like no other component or tweak can do, the pricing of SMT is a hell of bargain. Please keep us posted!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234