What science tells us about the safety of genetically modified foods

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
That sounds similar to that world's most expensive burger that was making all the news last summer.
...Genetically made of course, and it took a very very long time to make.

I don't know much about that stuff Amir but it doesn't sound too promising. ...No way I'm going to pay $325,000 just for a hamburger!
I'll make my own from the beef of my next door neighbor's field farm thank you very much. ...Two bucks. :b

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I have to read the ballot carefully but it appears to exclude some foods and not others for mandatory labeling.

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
Food for thought.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I don't believe the GMO safety issue one bit.

It is a disaster in the making.

Vote YES on 522.

Label ALL GMO containing foods.

F*<( Monsanto and their cohorts. They have lied to us and cheated farmers for decades.

They are irreversibly ruining our food supply.

Once the genes are inserted and the genes are dominant genes (corn is a great example) you cannot get rid of it. It has genetically poisoned the environment and cross pollenated and ruined even the natural organic seed supply.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
I don't know if it's me but yellow corn is rare around my parts anymore,all I can find in most markets is this hybrid stuff. The peaches I find are pure junk,even at whole foods. My Dad brought me some peaches from his next door neighbor and they were big,juicy,just fabulous. I don't know anymore.....where is all the good stuff....exported?

Another thing everything has corn fructose in it,if so then everything has GMO in it....am I right or wrong on this.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Yellow corn is plentiful in Indiana. I actually like the bi-colored sweetcorn often referred to as butter and sugar corn.

dingus

Mar 22, 2013
Graham, WA
I have to read the ballot carefully but it appears to exclude some foods and not others for mandatory labeling.
http://seattletimes.com/html/businesstechnology/2021586554_gmoboilerplatexml.html

• Food sold in restaurants is exempt, as are alcoholic beverages.

• Certified organic food, which by law can’t contain any deliberately added GE ingredients, is also exempt.

• Meat from animals that are genetically engineered must be labeled, but not meat from animals that ate genetically engineered feed.

• Food produced with processing aids or enzymes is exempt if those are its only genetically engineered ingredients. Until July 1, 2019, there is an exemption for processed food in which genetically engineered ingredients are 0.9 percent or less of the total weight.

• Genetically engineered seeds sold at retail also would be labeled.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Sounds like there are lots of exemptions.

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
I would vote for a all inclusive label. If it goes in my body I want to know everything about. I don't trust Monsanto anyway.

http://anrcatalog.ucdavis.edu/pdf/8180.pdf

Monsanto = Solutia

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/08/21/b...nt-in-alabama-pcb-lawsuit.html?ref=solutiainc

I was inside that plant once. Everyone there had puffy red faces. I was appalled, but no one seemed to notice. I also had a terrible headache when I left twenty minutes later. The company is indeed evil, in my opinion.

Aside from all that, genetically altered plants make seeds scarce, and that can't be a good thing. People should be able to grow their own food.

zztop7

Member Sponsor
Dec 12, 2012
Edmonds, WA
I don't know if it's me but yellow corn is rare around my parts anymore,all I can find in most markets is this hybrid stuff. The peaches I find are pure junk,even at whole foods. My Dad brought me some peaches from his next door neighbor and they were big,juicy,just fabulous. I don't know anymore.....where is all the good stuff....exported?

Another thing everything has corn fructose in it,if so then everything has GMO in it....am I right or wrong on this.

You are 10 Thousand % Correct.

zz.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
You are 10 Thousand % Correct.

zz.

The body just doesn't process the fructose like sugar IMO. I think there's a epidemic of insulin intolerance. Now whether obesity is the cart or the horse I don't know. Obesity is a real problem just go to China Mart and walk around.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
China Mart, it took me a nanosecond to get that. I avoid Wal-Mart like the plague. If you want some chuckles, go to the people of Wal-Mart website http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing