Tape at next week's RMAF?!

stellavox

Apr 23, 2010
Anything going on?

Any interest in getting together to talk / discuss "the latest / whatever"? I could ask Marjorie for a room if anyone is interested - Friday PM / Sat AM??

I'll be spinning some tape in Dave Cope's Audio Note room from 5:30 to 6:30 Fri and Sat - stop by. Then across the street to the Mexican bar Friday to visit with the What's Best'ers.

CU there - Rocky Mountain fever is a-comin on!

Charles

Last edited:

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
UHA Phase 11 decks in the MBL Room (1), and the Constellation/Von Schweikert room(2).

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
UHA Phase 11 decks in the MBL Room (1), and the Constellation/Von Schweikert room(2).

You'll also have decks in the Doshi room, Dehavilland room (?), Philip O'Hanlon On a Higher Note (?), Tape Project (?), etc. Alon also has brought his Nagra on occassion also.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
You'll also have decks in the Doshi room, Dehavilland room (?), Philip O'Hanlon On a Higher Note (?), Tape Project (?), etc. Alon also has brought his Nagra on occassion also.

A wise man told me he thought it would be a cold day in hell before Alon shows up with a tape deck again.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I can only speculate Steve. Ask JTinn what happened when he was going to let Alon use an ATR-101 deck for his demo at RMAF.

That must have been a long time ago. I would be shocked if there wasn't any acrimony between the two

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Steve-This was at RMAF 2011 when Alon ended up with the Nagra deck demoing his Q1 speakers that you and I both heard.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Steve-This was at RMAF 2011 when Alon ended up with the Nagra deck demoing his Q1 speakers that you and I both heard.

And Alon has demoed with tape at CES too. He has used the Pacific Microsonics HDCD D/A and Nagra T.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Forgot to mention that I attended Charles demonstration at the AN room and it was (for me) the most significant event at RMAF. Thanks Charles!

stellavox

Apr 23, 2010
Thanks Fernando and to those others that stopped by - we DID have fun! And thanks to Dave Cope also for the "use" of the room.
See you all next year

Charles

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing