My C37 Restoration Adventure Begins

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
It's the MR70 electronics that move the goalpost so far back......fantastic design and sound so good it's like a bad addiction. But hey, don't take my word for it :)

Cool project, Roger.

Hi Tom,

Keep the faith and thanks.

Roger

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Ok.....who bought it?

Surely some lucky person living close to the seller - only personal collection was possible, the seller did not consider shipping. From what I could see in the pictures the unit looked in great condition.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Surely some lucky person living close to the seller - only personal collection was possible, the seller did not consider shipping. From what I could see in the pictures the unit looked in great condition.

Lisbon to Berlin....2800km about 25 hours on Google maps....is that right or is it not feasible for a crazy like me.:D

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
The C37 is in New York and will be in Manhattan tomorrow or Thursday. :)

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Congrats look forward seeing the pics great machine, my portable B 62 '' old studer '''sounds fantastic i didnt expect that , the machine keeps getting better the longer its running ,its built like a tank
I would state source wise the high end has gone nowhere in absolute terms ,as i am playing the b 62 mastertapes and the ultra analogue tapes

Last edited:

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Congrats look forward seeing the pics great machine, my portable B 62 '' old studer '''sounds fantastic i didnt expect that , the machine keeps getting better the longer its running ,its built like a tank
I would state source wise the high end has gone nowhere in absolute terms ,as i am playing the b 62 mastertapes and the ultra analogue tapes

I know the analog haters would vehemently disagree because they have a pocket full of specifications to show you that a cheap DVD/CD player like the one I saw for sale the other day at HHGregg for $19.99 will sound better than the finest reel to reel ever made, but some of us know it isn't so. The great recordings done on tape by professional recording engineers in professional recording studios or done live on location are still the silverback gorillas in a world full of monkeys.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity

I wasn't going to comment....hehe,but maybe the electronics haven't gone anywhere,talking stock recorders,but I would think the 900 series formulations have got be a improvement. I have upgraded all my machines built from 1953 to 1970 and the electronics do benefit and although most think it is not worth it....they are absolutely wrong.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
The parcel and mail delivery system is no shut down Roger?

You kiddin Bob...it would take an army of postal employees to deliver this and they would loose it for sure...:D;)

Freight runs 24/7

audioarcher

May 6, 2012
Seattle area
'Freight' is not part of the government's "deal" (shutdown); I guess not. :b

USPS is still running under the shut down. The reason for this is it does not require tax dollars to run apparently. That and I think there would be an uproar if it did shut down.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
USPS is still running under the shut down. The reason for this is it does not require tax dollars to run apparently. That and I think there would be an uproar if it did shut down.

Thanks.

* Is there an uproar right now? ...Only nine more days to go. ...October 17th.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
My C37 made it to Manhattan and is at my tech....the journey begins.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing