2013 RMAF must see/hear Products and your Fab Five?

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
This similar set-up was awesome (only had one HAMMER).

I thought this sounded good until the singer started in and then it went to the distorted side of life rather quickly on my lousy computer speakers. I hope more people demo with something other than female singers and sparse arrangements which makes everything pleasant without really challenging the system at RMAF this year.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Out of curiosity, I am going to be looking for horns, stats, maybe some low power SET setups, SIT amps, and the Allnic DHT phono stage IF present. The usual dynamic suspects i.e. Wilson, YG, Magico and Gary's room will also be on the list, as well as MBL. I will be spending some time in the headphone arena as well, propping up impressions from previous shows (or not). Everything else will be catch as catch can.

Going over the exhibitor list this weekend to select known targets.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Audioarts will present the following products at RMAF:

Room 570 Audioarts:

Zellaton Grand Loudspeakers
Complete CH Precision system including A1 Amplifier, C1 DAC (streaming DSD from our Audioarts NAS) and D1 CD/SACD player
Robert Koda K-10 Preamplifier
Trinity Phono Stage
Holborne Analog 2 Mk2 Turntable & Holborne Dualpivot Tonearm
Jan Allaerts MC2 Cartridge

koda 2.jpg koda 1.jpg

Room 411 Fidelis (Dealer):

Metronome ARTP Hybrid Pure Class A Integrated Amplifier
Metronome CD8T CD/USB DAC

metronome.jpg

CANJAM:

C4 Audeze (Manuf):
Audeze will show with their own Malvalve Headamp 3

C20 Todd The Vinyl Junkie (Dealer):
Stax will show with the Malvalve Headamp 3

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
Some much more modest but nevertheless potentially interesting stuff in Duke LeJeune's Audio Kinesis room (1100?), and in Selah Audio's room (I think this one is 553).

pcosta

Jul 25, 2010
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I am mainly looking forward to seeing and hearing some good analog seeing and talking to people we don't see to often.

High Water Sound will have the new Cessaro Litz speakers there. I am really looking forward to spending a lot of time in Jeff's room 589.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
1.- WBF Saturday dinner!
2.- chat with Kara/Bruce/Doshi/Pichet/Sadurni
3.- Camjam and new HiEnd companies
4.- Jumping from JRDG/Boulder/Avalon (if any)/Jadis/Zanden rooms
5.- Vinyl/SACD/accesories hunting spree

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
It doesn't sound like the TechDAS TT will be there. That's too bad.

Looks like Bob G. and his daughters are working double time to finish our Elite arms and keep up with orders for the other models while Stella JP's folks are busy preparing for the Air Force 2 launch in Tokyo next month. Word from Graham is the earliest we might get our arms is first quarter of next year. Aside from proximity, it's why I chose IASJ Tokyo over RMAF this year.

If start up company Endeavor Audio Engineering's E-3 "budget" floorstanders are at RMAF, I'd also appreciate some impressions. I have 5 pairs on order.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Hello Everyone!

As you may know, I started to press LPs this year, beginning with a 2LP set of "La Segunda" the recording I did in Argentina of the group Sera una Noche at 176.4 kHz. As well, I produced a 12 inch 45rpm EP of three tracks from Sera una Noche's first recording. This involvement in the "analoge domain" encouraged me to have my own custom made inner sleeves produced over the summer in Japan. The results were really phenomenal, so much that I decided that I should try to direct market the inner sleeves to the most serious vinyl audiophiles. In short, they are made from a combination of two synthetic fibers so that the material breathes, considerably lessening the possibility for mold and mildew to build up on the surface of the LP. Needless to say, the sleeves also exhibit anti-static properties.

For those interested in what I have to offer, please let me know by return email if you intend to stop by the MA Recordings/Woo Audio so I can give you some samples.

Here is a photo of an MA LP inside one of the sleeves....

LPinSleeve;Openingisclearlydefined.jpg

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Mutha-fukuoka! Those look nice! :D

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Hello Everyone!

As you may know, I started to press LPs this year, beginning with a 2LP set of "La Segunda" the recording I did in Argentina of the group Sera una Noche at 176.4 kHz...

where did the LPs go? I saw the announcement last may... then zip, nada.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
where did the LPs go? I saw the announcement last may... then zip, nada.

I have no idea since I'm not going to buy a digitally recorded LP.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Our Friends at RMAF 2013,

Triode Corporation-Japan , Acoustic Zen Technologies and Twin Audio Video Inc will be exhibiting at the RMAF 2013 at room 1009. The list of equipments are as follows:

Rocky Mountain Audio fest exhibitor’s equipment List:
Speaker: Crescendo $16,000
Amplifier: TRX-M845 Monoblock $22,500
Pre-Amp: TRX-2 New Tube Pre-Amp with MM/MC $5000
DAC: TRX-DAC 1.0 Tube $2500
CD Player: TRV-CD5SE Tube $3200

Speaker cables, Interconnects, Power cords are all Acoustic Zen.

Please check also the attachment for the new Tube Pre-Amp from Triode Corporation-Japan that will be world premiered at the RMAF 2013.

Please do not forget to stop by and listen to this beautiful pre-amp and equipment.

Spend a minute or more with us and enjoy the music and show!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
1.- WBF Saturday dinner!
2.- chat with Kara/Bruce/Doshi/Pichet/Sadurni
3.- Camjam and new HiEnd companies
4.- Jumping from JRDG/Boulder/Avalon (if any)/Jadis/Zanden rooms
5.- Vinyl/SACD/accesories hunting spree

look forward to any comments on the Boulder and Zanden rooms!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
This similar set-up was awesome (only had one HAMMER).

Love that video, Peter. Great stuff. You can actually get a good sense (I think...was not there) of what it sounded like in that room. Obviously you can say so definitively, but that is my sense from many of your excellent recordings/reviews. Thanks for all the hard work!

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
Our Friends at RMAF 2013,

Triode Corporation-Japan , Acoustic Zen Technologies and Twin Audio Video Inc will be exhibiting at the RMAF 2013 at room 1009. The list of equipments are as follows:

Rocky Mountain Audio fest exhibitor’s equipment List:
Speaker: Crescendo $16,000
Amplifier: TRX-M845 Monoblock $22,500
Pre-Amp: TRX-2 New Tube Pre-Amp with MM/MC $5000
DAC: TRX-DAC 1.0 Tube $2500
CD Player: TRV-CD5SE Tube $3200

Speaker cables, Interconnects, Power cords are all Acoustic Zen.

Please check also the attachment for the new Tube Pre-Amp from Triode Corporation-Japan that will be world premiered at the RMAF 2013.

Please do not forget to stop by and listen to this beautiful pre-amp and equipment.

Spend a minute or more with us and enjoy the music and show!
hopefully this week I'll be posting to let you all know how the Crescendos sound with a Pass Labs INT-150 and Cardas Neutral Reference cables...

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
I won't be going this year (again, sigh) but I'd like to know if the Silbatone folks are showing- they do those massive WE horn re-creations, and have some original WE gear as well. If they are there, I'd love a report. Have fun, and if you run into Bill Parish, from GTT, say hello for me~ he is a good friend.
I will be making the Austin Record Convention later in October, because it coincides with a trip I have to make to Austin for other reasons, so I'll report on the state of used vinyl in Austin! :)

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
I won't be going this year (again, sigh) but I'd like to know if the Silbatone folks are showing- they do those massive WE horn re-creations, and have some original WE gear as well. If they are there, I'd love a report...

Unfortunately, they aren't going this time. Their room was a lot of fun the last time they were at RMAF.
We are using the same room, as well as vintage speakers, so maybe we can make it fun, too. :)

Bill, I wish you could go.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing