2013 RMAF must see/hear Products and your Fab Five?

Dre_J

Industry Expert
Mar 5, 2012
You guys haven't heard Bozaks if you think those RCAs are good :) But I'll take that Lansche set-up any day.

It really wasn't about thinking the sound was good or about Bozaks.

It was really about the rare opportunity to hear those specific Golden Age (RCA LC-1A LS-11) monitors.

Dre

Dre_J

Industry Expert
Mar 5, 2012
I'm firmly with Lloyd on this one. Although I have no "evidence" except my opinion, it is that filling up a room with electrical and electronic equipment is one thing that degrades the sound. I'm not quite on just the CD only thing, but everything I listen to can be played by my Oppo (soon to be a Modwright full mod 105). As far as the often repeated canard that some music I want to hear isn't available on digital, I have rarely found that to be true (probably not more than a literal handful of items), and considering that I can't really listen to everything I have anyway...

First: My intent was to be supportive.

Second: I have absolutely no interest in turning this thread into any kind of a debate or over-discussed back and forth about what one must have or what one should have in terms of audio equipment.

Third: I like Classical and Jazz and everything else (except polka) you can think of and there are many analog sourced materials of specific performances I enjoy greatly in my collection that are not available digitally. That's fact, in my case, and I'm happy to have that opportunity to be able to play multiple formats of music. It really is about the music in my case.

Dre

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I'm firmly with Lloyd on this one. Although I have no "evidence" except my opinion, it is that filling up a room with electrical and electronic equipment is one thing that degrades the sound. I'm not quite on just the CD only thing, but everything I listen to can be played by my Oppo (soon to be a Modwright full mod 105). As far as the often repeated canard that some music I want to hear isn't available on digital, I have rarely found that to be true (probably not more than a literal handful of items), and considering that I can't really listen to everything I have anyway...
First: My intent was to be supportive.

Second: I have absolutely no interest in turning this thread into any kind of a debate or over-discussed back and forth about what one must have or what one should have in terms of audio equipment.

Third: I like Classical and Jazz and everything else (except polka) you can think of and there are many analog sourced materials of specific performances I enjoy greatly in my collection that are not available digitally. That's fact, in my case, and I'm happy to have that opportunity to be able to play multiple formats of music. It really is about the music in my case.

Dre

Gents, I took BOTH of your comments as they were intended...fully supported. And much appreciated by me. Regarding other sources, I have 1800 CDs (and growing)...and I fully acknowledge that while they are cheaply and widely available...and there is more out there I am sure I will find and want to buy (for 3-5 bucks a CD second hand on Amazon)...I also fully acknowledge they aint master tapes, 200g LPs or DSD or true hi-res material.

Maybe someday I will venture into another source...but knowing myself well, I wont do it by halves, and that will take my focus a long way down a winding road. (As Morpheus said (paraphrasing)...take the blue pill or the red pill...and see how deep the rabbit hole goes...)

But for now, totally happy to enjoy music (controllable with 2 remotes too).

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
... I'm not quite on just the CD only thing, but everything I listen to can be played by my Oppo (soon to be a Modwright full mod 105). As far as the often repeated canard that some music I want to hear isn't available on digital, I have rarely found that to be true (probably not more than a literal handful of items), and considering that I can't really listen to everything I have anyway...

Any update on the Modwright mod for your 105?

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Ours will be the cheap room in your list, Sean. We're trying to bring something nearly affordable - with an integrated Burmester amplifier, Thorens turntable, and the Genesis petite monitor. Still, I hope that you'll enjoy the music I'll be bringing. Keep your eBay app on your phone ready :D

Gary, you always have great music. Really sorry I missed the show this year after eight in a row. Work was crazy.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Gary, you always have great music. Really sorry I missed the show this year after eight in a row. Work was crazy.

Thanks, Lee. I do post most of the music I demo with on WBF, so even if you missed the show, you can still get my playlist :)

Hope to see you at a future show.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing