Intuition 01

EricDH

May 18, 2013
Abu Dhabi - UAE
Hi all,

I am new to this forum. I have been reading for quite a while now, and decided to register, so I can take part in discussions.

I have read the posts on Wadia's new direction. The Intuition 01 is received with mixed feelings, also by me. That is maybe more because of the coincidence with the discontinuation of CD-players than because of its qualities. I found this review, maybe it is worth to look at after all, and possibly serious competition to Devialet.

http://www.tonepublications.com/review/wadia-intuition-power-dac/

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Hi all,

I am new to this forum. I have been reading for quite a while now, and decided to register, so I can take part in discussions.

I have read the posts on Wadia's new direction. The Intuition 01 is received with mixed feelings, also by me. That is maybe more because of the coincidence with the discontinuation of CD-players than because of its qualities. I found this review, maybe it is worth to look at after all, and possibly serious competition to Devialet.

http://www.tonepublications.com/review/wadia-intuition-power-dac/

Hi Eric:

I know Jeff was impressed by this unit. The "Power DAC" or direct digital amp category is growing and it is a very impressive technology.

EricDH

May 18, 2013
Abu Dhabi - UAE
Hi Eric:

I know Jeff was impressed by this unit. The "Power DAC" or direct digital amp category is growing and it is a very impressive technology.

Well it is the amplifier part that I worried about, being an off-the-shelf item. The DAC, Wadia knows everything about DACs, no worries here....
So it is a nice surprise that this unit sounds so good apparently. Still, I would like to have that confirmed by TAS or Stereophile...

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Well it is the amplifier part that I worried about, being an off-the-shelf item. The DAC, Wadia knows everything about DACs, no worries here....
So it is a nice surprise that this unit sounds so good apparently. Still, I would like to have that confirmed by TAS or Stereophile...

I don' think there is anything to "worry" about. Wadia has been involved in this technology for a long time. The DAC essentially drives your speakers.

Feel free to wait for your "confirmation". :D

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
I don' think there is anything to "worry" about. Wadia has been involved in this technology for a long time. The DAC essentially drives your speakers.

Feel free to wait for your "confirmation". :D

I'm sorry, where did you get that info from ? Wadia ?

I was under the impression, that Intuition uses Class-D amps (made by PowerSoft from Italy) - those are ANALOG amps, which need to be driven by analog signal. So basicly the Intuition is a DAC / preamp / poweramp combo.

The so called Power-DACs - like TacT, Lyngdorf, NAD - have a completely different working principle.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
I'm sorry, where did you get that info from ? Wadia ?

I was under the impression, that Intuition uses Class-D amps (made by PowerSoft from Italy) - those are ANALOG amps, which need to be driven by analog signal. So basicly the Intuition is a DAC / preamp / poweramp combo.

The so called Power-DACs - like TacT, Lyngdorf, NAD - have a completely different working principle.

You are are indeed correct sir. My mind is playing tricks on me. Their Power Dac and Power Dac Mini use that architecture, again, if am not mistaken.

I the review Jeff does indeed refer to the Intuition as "Class D Plus".

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing