Sadurni Acoustics exclusive presentation for WBF members at RMAF2013

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Sadurni Acoustics will host a WBF members-only listening presentation at RMAF, room 538 (partnering with Kubala Sosna cables) Friday 10th from 5 PM to 6 PM, first-in/first-served basis - please PM me if interested so I can hand-out those requests to George Sadurni personally - he will attend WBF dinner as well for those interested to learn more about his products.

http://www.sadurniacoustics.com

Disclaimer - I am not related with Sadurni Acoustics or Kubala Sosna commercially xx xxxxxxxxx.

Last edited:

Saturntube

Industry Expert
Feb 8, 2011
Austin Texas
www.SadurniAcoustics.com
Hello All.

Flez007 was actually doing me a favor since we had been so busy getting ready for the show! He is not geting paid... :)

You are all welcome to visit, it would be great to see you there.

Best Regards

George Sadurni
Sadurni Acoustics
www.sa-horns.com

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Press Release for RMAF 2013

Riverside, California, October 7: Von Schweikert Audio is pleased to announce that we will be displaying speakers in three rooms at RMAF:

Room 550- A large room featuring some of the best components in the world! Hear the VR-100XS Holographic Projectors ($140,000) driven by the incredible Constellation Audio electronics and music server ($85,000 for all electronics), along with the amazing (and top rated) UHA open reel tape deck ($15,000). Master-Built Audio cables and Critical Mass rack systems will support this incredible system. This is a $390,000 “no holds barred” system that should not be missed. Every single component in this system is top rated by US/European/Asian magazines, see if you agree!

Room 542- featuring the Von Schweikert VR-44 Aktive speaker system ($25,000) with the YFS music server Ref 3 ($15,500), EMM Labs MA-1 DAC ($7,000) and Constellation Audio Virgo Preamp ($19,000) and Centaur amplifier ($24,000). Cables will be supplied by YFS ($5,000/complete set).
Find out why music servers are becoming very popular, this one sounds like an analog deck. We were so impressed that we bought one!

Room 9013- PS Audio will be playing a rocking system using our VR-35 Export Deluxe ($10,000) along with their best DAC and electronics – a virtual room filled with the best PS Audio gear! Come see why Paul McGowen’s room is always packed with listeners!

Saturntube

Industry Expert
Feb 8, 2011
Austin Texas
www.SadurniAcoustics.com
We will be showing our 4 way horn system, there are very few commercialy available horn systems which offer front horn loading down to 120 hz, and most use big plástic horns, we will be showing a solidly MDF built horn with 110 DB efficiency with excelent integration with top compression drivers and some of the best ever made tweeters. All this will be run by highly regulated, 2 watt mono amplifiers featuring the legendary 45 tube with the most exótic parts. All drivers in this system are perfectly time aligned and use phase coherent xovers with our own special blend of parts and active biased capacitors.
The most surprising part of this whole system is our proprietary Bass solution which took moré than 4 years to perfect. This system uses no common technology, it is based on the principle of using the back wave of the bass driver in a non destructive fashion. This back wave of the driver is channeled through a labrynth which brings it around in phase and adds to the front wave. This gives the bass a very dinamic presentation to match up with Horns, and a very clean tone. Bass channels are driven by a small active mono xover and a Solid State amp.
Kubala Sosna cables bring the whole system to life.
This time we wanted to keep it simple and will be using only a digital source.
Passive preampflifier playing a Full orchestra with dynamics to spare. Let me boast, two stages of amplificación only!

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Thanks to all that attended George's room yesterday, it was fun (for those who visited I was the "discjokey" feeding the Oppo player with silver discs at the room).

See you at the Bent Fork tonight!

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Thanks to all that attended George's room yesterday, it was fun (for those who visited I was the "discjokey" feeding the Oppo player with silver discs at the room).

See you at the Bent Fork tonight!

Don't forget to take pics! :)

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Resurrecting this one late in the day. Is there any feedback from this demo?

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I heard the demo with some of my own music at RMAF 2013. I thought they sounded excellent, one of the better horn presentations. Half the horns I heard I didn't like. Of the other half, some were OK and a few were really outstanding. The Sadurni was one of the outstanding ones. There was an 300b tube amplifier integrated directly into the speakers in the demo I heard.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Cjf, can you specify in as much detail as poss what clicked for you about the Sadurni, and what you don't like about others. My abiding issue w/almost all horns I've demoed is lack of congruency from mids into bass. This is often solved by having a true 3 horn driver system, w/dedicated subs - the third horn being the oversized lwr mids/uppr bass unit. Sadurnis have these, as do Trios w/Basshorns.

Last edited:

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Really can't finesse it much because I have only heard horns at shows and now I am going on aural memory. The sound field was enormous, very well integrated, no honk at all, almost planar-like with the mellifluous goodness of the 300b tube manifest.

Beyond that, I can't really detail much except that I could envision myself ensconced between those big throats listening on a daily basis.

What I didn't like about some of the "bad" horns was stridency, dynamic un-even-ness, too much throat flutter and dynamics without even fluidity to the dynamics. Don't know if that helps, but I DO think that a good horn can be of the best sounds out there, especially if it can do dynamics without that horn throatiness and shout. Next to planars, I would would probably prefer a good horn over the vast majority of dynamic speakers.

That being said, I am a planar fan and don't think that I am changing from that paradigm.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
CJ, that's all good to know. Tbh, other than negative feedback on the Sadurni show where the tweeters were blown, all seems to be positive about these horns.
I am putting some serious consideration into making the trip Stateside to hear them, and your comments fill me w/a fair degree of confidence.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing