Thread: Miyajima Takumi, Fremer reviews it in the current Stereophile, Breuninger mounts it.

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor

Miyajima Takumi, Fremer reviews it in the current Stereophile, Breuninger mounts it.

Mounting the Miyajima Takumi. This is one of the best cartridges I've ever heard. It has a perfect detail to musical balance. AND! It's only $1,800. It offers a magic midrange with walloping low frequencies and clearly defined trebles.

I have it into an Ypsilon MC16 Step-up transformer, then into the Ypsilon Phone stage then into the Audio Note M10 Signature feeding a pair of Audionet Max amplifiers. The loudspeakers continue to be the outstanding YG Sonjas. Perhaps the best record playing system I've ever heard.

Name:  takumi.jpg
Views: 3112
Size:  16.5 KB

Member Sponsor Senior Member Barry's Avatar
    Peter. Any chance we will see more on the Takumi on AVShowrooms? Have you heard the Kansui and compared? any more comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

[Industry Expert] Addicted to Best! Mosin's Avatar
    The Kansui is a truly wonderful cartridge, so if the Takumi is remotely close, it is a fantastic bargain.
    Win
    Saskia Turntables

Kind of out of the blue but... anybody have a PDF or good link to the Fremer review of the Takumi? Looked high and low on the internet and cant find the actual article.

Member Addicted to Best! NorthStar's Avatar
    It's a very short review: http://www.stereophile.com/phonocart...LAd8F9WSCij.97

Sorry, not the right cart.
    ______

• Some people might be interested (Michael Fremer's interview): http://www.monoandstereo.com/2013/06...el-fremer.html
    Last edited by NorthStar; 04-07-2016 at 06:44 PM.
    All the Very Best, - Bob --------- "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison --------- AudiophileAudition

Member Addicted to Best! NorthStar's Avatar
    All the Very Best, - Bob --------- "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison --------- AudiophileAudition

Miyajima

I have not actually heard one but I'll bet the ebony has something to do with it. When I put an ebony armboard on my TT it did something for the sound, and likewise the only time I have ever heard a difference with headshells is the Yamamoto HS1A that is made from African Blackwood - similar to Ebony. I was surprised but I guess I should not have been; after all they make musical instruments from the stuff - piano keys, oboes, clarinets.
    Sources: 1 PC (i7) & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse with W4S Recovery Reclocker. 2 Oppo BDP105. 3 Reworked Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood Cartridge · Ianmac Bearing · Longdog Power Supply). 4 Marantz ST-15S1 Tuner
    Phono Stage: Benedict Audio Hothead. Preamp: Ayon Eris. Power Amp: Pass Labs X150.8. Speakers: Triangle Magellan Cello. Cables: Nordost & Oyaide

As a Kansui owner, I believe, Kansui is a very good performer. For the price you get many things from the best cartridges. My initial findings about Kansui was not that really good, I listened with Asr, AR ref2se, Burmester and one of my friend used with ar ref10 phono(he sold the kansui). But when I started to listen with Ypsilon custom made SUT and Ypsilon phono pre, it sounds much much better. Anyone planning to use kansui must consider a sut imho.

Although Kansui is a very good cartrdige,it is not the best cartridge, not even close. I believe in its price range it is very competitive.
    Speaker : Raidho D-3.1 Electronics: Ypsilon VPS-100 Phono, PST-100 Pre , Aelius Mkii Power Source : Techdas Air Force 2 Cables : Ansuz Ceramic Line; Stage 3 concepts