Magico listening room and my soon to be S5s

scouter

Member Sponsor
Oct 30, 2012
Wrightsville Beach, NC
Thought some may get a kick out of the picture my dealer sent me showing Magico's listening room. The speakers are my "soon to be delivered" S5's being evaluated before packing. Would love to be there for this evaluation. Bet the room sounds great.

Attachments

• 1264877_557608724286254_1371995507_o[1].jpg
    1264877_557608724286254_1371995507_o[1].jpg
    391.6 KB · Views: 11,895

scouter

Member Sponsor
Oct 30, 2012
Wrightsville Beach, NC
Thanks for the congrats. Yes, I've listened to quite a few speakers, and liked many, but the Magicos hit my button. We are a lucky group these days, as there are so many great speakers to choose from. I'll won't have quite the front end Magico has- can't quite spring for Constellation monos.

Reactions: Protegimus

stereo

Sep 1, 2012
I wonder if this is in Alon's house because the photos of the Magico listening room that Valin showed and others which compare the Mini2 to the Q1, side-by-side, looked very different from this room. I'd like to know the relationship to the listening seat.
This is Magico new listening room in their new factory. Much larger room than their previous one, with much better acoustics.
Congratulations on your purchase! looking forward to hearing your experience with different upstream components.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Congrats!

What electronics will you use with them and what type of music do you listen to?

scouter

Member Sponsor
Oct 30, 2012
Wrightsville Beach, NC
The electronics are Spectral 260 and 15SS preamp. I listen to rock, indie rock, electronic, jazz, blues, some classical- basically anything but country, pop, and rap.
I really was torn bw the S5 and Q3, but in the end, no dedicated listening room, my favorite music, the occasional kids coming over and the price differential convinced me to go with the S5s.

Dre_J

Industry Expert
Mar 5, 2012
Thought some may get a kick out of the picture my dealer sent me showing Magico's listening room. The speakers are my "soon to be delivered" S5's being evaluated before packing. Would love to be there for this evaluation. Bet the room sounds great.

That picture must be very recent because a local friend who owns Q5's visited the new factory less than two weeks ago and the listening room was not finished.

Congratulations on your new speakers BTW.

Dre

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing