Would you let Soundsmith rebuild your Benz cartridge

taters

Jun 6, 2012
Benz is about 18 months out with rebuilding cartridges. Supposedly Soundsmith can do it in 2 to 3 months. The problem is I have read that the cartridge doesn't sound the same anymore. I have read that the cartridge is brighter. I'd like to trade up but that would run me 1500.00 and I really don't want to spend the money right now. (I have a lot of medical bills this year) Anyone have any experience with Soundsmith?

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Look at SoundSmith's review section, you can get a lot of info from happy users. Yep, it may sound different, but also quite possibly different and better.

Odyno

Dec 27, 2011
Near Montreal Canada
I have done it with several older cartridge like Fidelity Research, Supex SD900 super and a few Linn.
The level 2 was alway's outperformig the original alluminum cantilever.
A friend had his Benz rebuilt with the second as well and after few hours it was as good as it gets.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing